Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

"No Phone"

spareone3

"No Phone"

Post by spareone3 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:13 pm

I have Bluetooth which was previously paired with a iPhone 4s.

I now have a iPhone 5S, and clearly need to re-pair.

I cannot for the life if me get the pairing mode initiated. I have read the posts about holding the R/T or Face button for 3 seconds, turning ignition to 1,2 or 3, release after another 3 seconds etc.. etc.

I do not have the pairing button of the cradle.

I have also tried the turn ignition straight to Pos 3 and hitting the various steering wheel buttons, but till no pairing, I simple get "NO PHONE" on the business CD display.

I have tried the Clear of log-off instructions in the manual, (if they are correct).

Any accurate advice on both pairing and clearing old phones on a facelift car with no cradle pairing button and business CD??

Thanks
2007 Z4M E85, Ruby Black, Champagne Nappa, Piano Black interior. 2016 530D MSport F10, Auto, Space Grey, Black Dakota, Piano Black.

Wondermike

Re: "No Phone"

Post by Wondermike » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Have you initiated the bluetooth pairing on your phone as well?

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:03 pm

Assuming you have your phone in pairing mode as Wondermike has said, this thread may help :

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... Blue+tooth

Not sure how you do it without the cradle button, I guess use the phone button on the steering wheel. My car list any memory of having Bluetooth the other day - no 'Telephone' on the display. I disconnected the battery for 30mins - seems to reset a lot of things in the car. Just remember you'll need to reset your auto windows and the clock.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

spareone3

Post by spareone3 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Wondermike wrote:Have you initiated the bluetooth pairing on your phone as well?

Yes, I have paired same phone with E60 and it is fine, so I know the phone is fully "discoverable"
2007 Z4M E85, Ruby Black, Champagne Nappa, Piano Black interior. 2016 530D MSport F10, Auto, Space Grey, Black Dakota, Piano Black.

jan_tekin

Post by jan_tekin » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:01 pm

I'm sure it can only be paired with the cradle button as the steering buttons only work with the ignition on and it need to be pushed with the ignition off. Are you sure you don't have an after market Bluetooth fitted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Current: M135i
Sold:3.0lsi Sport Roadster, Xenons,Heated seats, blutooth, Hi Fi,Comfort Pack, Cruse Control, Stormworks ST1
Gear Knob, Stubby, KW V2s, 224s

spareone3

Re:

Post by spareone3 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:56 pm

jan_tekin wrote:I'm sure it can only be paired with the cradle button as the steering buttons only work with the ignition on and it need to be pushed with the ignition off. Are you sure you don't have an after market Bluetooth fitted?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Resolved!! Operator error! :oops:

The snap-in release button on the new cradle is also the pairing button! So, as has been stated, the button in the armrest, (although different) needs to be held down while turning on ignition!