Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

wiper swipe/return noise.

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
ajayp

wiper swipe/return noise.

Post by ajayp » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:35 am

Noticed last night the wipers are making an absolute racket!
Very loud annoying sound during swiping and return.
The best way I can explain it is to imagine the indicator sound but at double or even triple volume.

Took a short video, but the quality is not that good.

http://s1156.photobucket.com/albums/p57 ... 0528D7.mp4

It may not sound loud here but it def is an making me wanna :headbang:

Surely this can't be right?
Last edited by ajayp on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Re: wiper swipe/return noise.

Post by Maniac » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:42 am

Can't view the video but if its the blades making the noise rather than the arms, then all you need to do is either replace the blades or clean the blades and screen with something that cuts through grease.

I did mine yesterday with a spot of washing up liquid, just a spot is enough to clean the blades and screen of any grease, sorts out smearing, ghosting and noise.

ajayp

Post by ajayp » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:48 am

Maniac wrote:Can't view the video but if its the blades making the noise rather than the arms, then all you need to do is either replace the blades or clean the blades and screen with something that cuts through grease.

I did mine yesterday with a spot of washing up liquid, just a spot is enough to clean the blades and screen of any grease, sorts out smearing, ghosting and noise.
That's strange I tested it from another PC and the video displayed. What error you getting?

The sound is more a mechanical "clicking" noise like a loud relay switching type and it's inside the car - :?

markz4coupe

Post by markz4coupe » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:48 am

A few weeks ago I had a similar annoying relay switch sound issue on mine. It seemed to disappear after a few days by itself.

If you search for relay switch on the forum I think there are a couple of links which may be of interest.

ajayp

Post by ajayp » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:09 pm

markz4coupe wrote:A few weeks ago I had a similar annoying relay switch sound issue on mine. It seemed to disappear after a few days by itself.

If you search for relay switch on the forum I think there are a couple of links which may be of interest.
:thumbsup: