Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Luke and his Z - Getting there!

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
LukeMace

Luke and his Z - Getting there!

Post by LukeMace » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 am

So, I have pictures dotted around on various parts of the forum and have received a lot of help and guidance with some issues I've had with the Z and having liked the project threads here I thought I'd start one to keep everything in one place!
So here goes...

Bought in April looking like this... Original thread here: http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 29#p504829

After reading about some simple mods the first thing I did was remove the piece of foam nearest the bulk head from the sound generator! :thumbsup: 2 min jobby and sounded great!

I then started cleaning it regularly, as you do, and the wheel arches really started to bug me! The way in which they swallowed up the wheels. Real shame! :thumbsdown:

So in came the spacers! 20mm rears and 15mm up front :thumbsup: loads better! Original thread here: http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&start=15

Before:

After:

I then popped in the Parrot Mki9200 ... Great bits of kit!

Then had to replace my thermometer as the temp was stuck at -40! : http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 52#p544552

Ranski then kindly sold me a front grill for my Z as for some reason mine had gone missing before buying it! :thumbsup:
Easy to fit, little Fiddly without taking the bumper off but managed it!

Someone then posted about a sale BK were having in Germany about some Amazon Bargain Springs at stupidly low prices! At just over £20 for the set it was worth a punt... Original thread: http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=105

Before... Use pictures above!
After...

LOVED THE LOOK :evil:
Shortly after had a Hunter Alignment done :

I then saw a fellow forum member (Sam1832) selling lock covers, so naturally had to buy a set :thumbsup:
Original thread : http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47#p616447

I then thought the Z4itus had hit a wall and could not get me with any more goodness!!
Ooh how wrong I was! I then went to see these...

Bought them, got back fitted them (needed arched rolled a little and front liner modified a little because of the ride height)
Thread... http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12#p634112

Then popped a little wire across two terminals to create a full circle brake light
http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1485

That's it up to date I think!
Just purchased...

Facelift front bumper/foge etc that I am picking up tomorrow
Carbon fibre roundels
Hoping on hard top by end of next week too :thumbsup:

That's my Z up to now.
Let the Z4itus continue!! :driving:
Last edited by LukeMace on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
3.0, Quad Conversion, 19" CSLs, Bucket Seats, Big Brake Conversion, Lowered 40mm, AE and Clear Hockeys etc...
CLICK HERE FOR THE BUILD THREAD

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Luke and his Z

Post by tomscott » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:08 am

Cars looking awesome! Nice write up!

rayz4

Post by rayz4 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 am

That`s how a Z should look, low, wide and mean, love it :thumbsup: just needs to be de-gingered
White e89 30i sdrive, Melbourne red e89 35is, 2021g29 sdrive 30i misano blue.

ESP

Post by ESP » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:48 am

Cars looking good mate! :thumbsup:
Those wheel's with the extra width make so much difference (I hate Z's with standard arch gap, just looks plain Odd!).
Like me your clearly massively bitten by the modifying bug now :driving:
07 Sapphire Black Roadster.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:13 am

Looks great Luke the lock covers make quite a difference. I have made a set of spacers for the rear of mine. 22mm and they seem to stick out a little to much. Yours look better i cant understand how 2mm can make a visual difference weird.. Top job buddy :thumbsup:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Just noticed you just down the road ( relativly from me ) How dose it drive that low on 19" I am fitting some e92 m3 wheels at the weekend. I guess i will be lowering soon as well!!!!
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

LukeMace

Post by LukeMace » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:19 pm

I used to live the the Shire that is Oxfordshire. Fritwell, just outside Bicester.
My inlaws live there (so i try not to visit that area too often!!) :rofl:

The ride is superb! I drove it for 2 weeks without the lowering springs on whilst the 19s were on and the difference is like chalk and cheese with the lowering springs back on now. Really makes a huge difference. Much firmer and feels alot sturdier. It definitely needed the rolling done though otherwise it would be constantly rubbing!!

Thanks to all for the kind comments!
I picked up the Facelift front bumper today which i cant wait to get fitted! Sadly going to have to wait till after Christmas :cry: its going to be amusing seeing if my wife tries to wrap it up in paper first!! :D
3.0, Quad Conversion, 19" CSLs, Bucket Seats, Big Brake Conversion, Lowered 40mm, AE and Clear Hockeys etc...

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:58 pm

Great write -up and on going project! :thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

RichardG

Post by RichardG » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Looking good :thumbsup: and will look even better once you get your 'new' bits on :D .
Not keen on the lock covers though.
04 2.5 SE, Alpine iDA X-305, Eibach's, M Tri-Colour MFSW, CF Roundells, LeatherZ Armrest, De-Gingered, 19" VMR V710's, Aero Skirts, Fr & R M Bumpers, Quad Exhaust and NO Stubby

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Well I will have to give them a try.

I don't mind my outlaws. It's my real family that are my problem :rofl:

LukeMace

Post by LukeMace » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:09 am

RichardG wrote:Looking good :thumbsup: and will look even better once you get your 'new' bits on :D .
Not keen on the lock covers though.

Thanks :thumbsup: The lock covers look a lot better in person than they do in the pictures. The light from the camera doesn't really do them justice :roll: they look smashing in real life!
ESP wrote:Cars looking good mate! :thumbsup:
Those wheel's with the extra width make so much difference (I hate Z's with standard arch gap, just looks plain Odd!).
Like me your clearly massively bitten by the modifying bug now :driving:
The bug is hard to stay on top off! This forum has teen the catalyst for... Ooh... 100% of the mods!!!
rayz4 wrote:That`s how a Z should look, low, wide and mean, love it :thumbsup: just needs to be de-gingered
Will get round to that. I think when I have the front bumper resprayed I am going to get the orange parts on the headlights tinted to take away the orange edge to them. Side repeaters will be on their way shortly too :thumbsup:
tomscott wrote:Cars looking awesome! Nice write up!
Thanks :D I thought it handy just to have something where it is all found
Machine monkey wrote:Well I will have to give them a try.

I don't mind my outlaws. It's my real family that are my problem :rofl:
Have you already bought springs? Mine is lowered by 35mm. The website says 40 but the packaging said 35? Somewhere between the two I guess! Website found here... Infant they have a sale on again now! http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en/Sus ... 4-Z85.html

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 am

No not yet Luke I have some new discs and pads on order from Santa for x mass. So i will order them and do them all at the same time in the new year.

Thanks for the link i do love a sale..... :thumbsup:

Woody

Post by Woody » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Looks great that, so much better with the CSL's :) I was going to do what you're doing with my previous 3.0i but just thought it seemed a lot of effort so bought an M! Fair play to you, satisfying thing I imagine...

LukeMace

Post by LukeMace » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:55 am

Woody wrote:Looks great that, so much better with the CSL's :) I was going to do what you're doing with my previous 3.0i but just thought it seemed a lot of effort so bought an M! Fair play to you, satisfying thing I imagine...
Thanks! It is quite satisfying seeing the changes happen!

So I have been debating weather to go for the Storm gear knob or the ZHP... The winner...
ZHP!
Ordered and will be here shortly :D
I love Christmas!!

Woody

Post by Woody » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:58 am

Good choice :thumbsup: did you go for an illuminated one? Good old Christmas :) I've got new wheel bolts/nuts on my list and an iPod connection gadget if I can decide which one! Santa is a nice man...