Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fog lights

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
WaZZZZman

Fog lights

Post by WaZZZZman » Fri May 02, 2008 5:03 pm

I have searched on this forum and others but do not see how to change the fog light bulbs.Image I noticed that one of the lenses on my 04 Zed was cracked and wanted to see about replacing the lens. Upon inspection it looks as if the bulb was damaged as well. So I decided to replace the lens and both bulbs. I was told that you can do it by taking the bumper off?????? Image

Surly the fine engineering minds of BMW would not put out a product that you would have to take the front of the vehicle off to change a bulb. That would be too funny for words. I can see the advertisement now. “ If a bulb fails on these fine cars you mealy take the front off the damn thing”. If true we got to keep them from any more Oktoberfest.Image

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Fog lights

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri May 02, 2008 5:14 pm

Have you opened the lower of the inspection panels in the wheel arch to get in that way? Turn the wheel to full lock to give more elbow room.

I cannot recall if there is enough access as the only time I've changed the bulb/and light unit is with the front bumper off for other work.

Can't look as it's raining cats and dogs right now.....
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

BlackSapphireZ

Re: Fog lights

Post by BlackSapphireZ » Sat May 03, 2008 3:24 am

yea access panel int he wheel well works I've done it that way before