Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Boot opening (from inside the cockpit - like e85)

How-To articles are in here.
dario

Post by dario » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:57 pm

I have read the old threads on here regarding opening the boot with the engine off or using the remote button, but has anybody with the e89 had the switch fitted and coded to work just like the old Z4 e85 used to?

I tired of my wife giving me the evil eye when she's heading for the back of the car to stow what ever she is carrying in the boot and i have to go through the rigmarole of shutting down the car and allowing her to open it when the old car it was as easy as pie to click the button!

Dario

NormStrm

Re: Boot opening (from inside the cockpit - like e85)

Post by NormStrm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

You need to push the button in between the air vents that opens / closes the doors - twice then you can open the boot.

Thanks to envy for the above info - http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=29

HTH
Image Image
Z4 SDrive20i M Sport - Alpine White - Coral Red Kansas Leather - Comfort pack - Heated seats

dario

Re: Boot opening (from inside the cockpit - like e85)

Post by dario » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:26 pm

NormStrm wrote:You need to push the button in between the air vents that opens / closes the doors - twice then you can open the boot.

Thanks to envy for the above info - http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=29

HTH
I hear you, but i was asking if anybody had got the dealers to install the button so that it would be just the same as the older e85?

i noticed on realOEM that the button and the uncoded lead exists.

it was just so much easier to lean down and pop the lid.

Dr-Jon

Post by Dr-Jon » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:29 pm

dario wrote: ↑Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:26 pm
NormStrm wrote:You need to push the button in between the air vents that opens / closes the doors - twice then you can open the boot.

Thanks to envy for the above info - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35845&start=29

HTH
I hear you, but i was asking if anybody had got the dealers to install the button so that it would be just the same as the older e85?

i noticed on realOEM that the button and the uncoded lead exists.

it was just so much easier to lean down and pop the lid.
Dario I have the button and have read that it does not need coding, just wiring in it is 3 wires + - and a signal wire that needs to be inserted to a connector behind the glove box. i have the switch but as yet have not wired it in. As it means running a cable across the dash. so at some point in the future when i do need to remove the panels I will run it in.
But it can be done.
2010 2.3 Auto with paddles in black with koral red leather and Sat Nav, heated seats, and steering wheel. stubby aerial

dario

Post by dario » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Thanks, be good to see it in actionπŸ‘

Dr-Jon

Post by Dr-Jon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:25 am

Dario, as an update the button works no coding required. just need to add the cable to the footwell module, and a 12v and 0v supply.
works well it even lights up when pressed... only noticed that when i used it in the dark :)
2010 2.3 Auto with paddles in black with koral red leather and Sat Nav, heated seats, and steering wheel. stubby aerial

dario

Post by dario » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:56 am

Dr-Jon wrote: ↑Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:25 am Dario, as an update the button works no coding required. just need to add the cable to the footwell module, and a 12v and 0v supply.
works well it even lights up when pressed... only noticed that when i used it in the dark :)
Great, any photos of the footwell module as that would be very useful indeed!

Dr-Jon

Post by Dr-Jon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Sorry no pics...
The footwell module is the drivers side on a right hand drive. just remove the panel above the paddles. feel up and find the cable loom.
it has 2 50 pin connectors the wire needs to be fitted to the X13376 plug in position 39 (trunk release).
the switch will also need 12v + and ground. I found both of these in a connector under the cover on the drivers side dash, the bit that is covered by the door when its closed. It took me far longer to find out all the information on where to connect it than it did to do the job.
I purchased a crimp for the plug from my local BMW dealers part no. 61130005201 Bushing contact (If memory serves ) it was a couple of quid. it had a lead that was long enough to reach the switch. Fortunatly the switch i sorced from ebay came with a plug and short cables. So I was able to just solder them to the new power cables and the flying lead from the X13376 plug.
It took about 1 hour from start to finish.
Hope this helps

dario

Post by dario » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Dr-Jon wrote: ↑Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:40 pm Sorry no pics...
The footwell module is the drivers side on a right hand drive. just remove the panel above the paddles. feel up and find the cable loom.
it has 2 50 pin connectors the wire needs to be fitted to the X13376 plug in position 39 (trunk release).
the switch will also need 12v + and ground. I found both of these in a connector under the cover on the drivers side dash, the bit that is covered by the door when its closed. It took me far longer to find out all the information on where to connect it than it did to do the job.
I purchased a crimp for the plug from my local BMW dealers part no. 61130005201 Bushing contact (If memory serves ) it was a couple of quid. it had a lead that was long enough to reach the switch. Fortunatly the switch i sorced from ebay came with a plug and short cables. So I was able to just solder them to the new power cables and the flying lead from the X13376 plug.
Hope this helps

Cheers chap

dario

Post by dario » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Dr-Jon wrote: ↑Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:40 pm Sorry no pics...
Hope this helps

Cheers chap

bluetooth

Post by bluetooth » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:20 pm

Hi All

Looking to see if I can complete this Boot lock switch install on my e89 for no reason other than why not....

I have a switch but need the signal cable to insert into plug connector X13376

The connector pin with cable is 61130005201 Bushing contact as outlined by Dr Jon

As all BMW is currently closed - Anyone have an unused one of these that i could purchase. There is an ebay item but also with BMW so unsure when these dealers will be back at work.

Eric
2015 E89 28i Msport Auto - Mineral Grey metallic...

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:36 pm

I fitted the switch but not wired up. Thought about tracing some wires back to the boot switch.
Other than as a back up for the rondel switch failure, couldn't envisage a use for it.
Just thought of something my rear badge is starting to graze, due constant pulling on it.
Would be good if i could convert to a touch switch.

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:47 am

:)
Last edited by RobbiZ4 on Sat May 23, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:18 am

Was this an option, or market-specific? (As mine has the boot release switch, I assume from factory)
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:38 am

AFAIK depending of the market.
Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048