Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie - bear with me!

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
kevinmarkwhite

Re: Newbie - bear with me!

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Paul c wrote:I have a bad back from time to time and have to say driving mine is no problem find it comfortable less crashy than the 3er and 1er coupe we had before they were both msport as is this one. :)
That answers that then!

GifBMW

Re: Newbie - bear with me!

Post by GifBMW » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome even though I'm not officially here yet. My back isn't bad enough to stop me driving :wink: . It's usually the "stuck in the same driving position" and the "left foot up and down on the clutch" that seems to irritate it on long journeys.

I can solve the former with cruise and the latter with auto :)

The MR2 is a different piece of kit, the seats are ok but not that supportive for long journeys. I know the X1 is a different beast but BMW seats seem to give much more support and variation in position. The 2 is just backrest angle and seat height. I'm assuming the design is the same in the Z4 and with lumber support should be ok to get a good driving position.

I am of course also assuming the steering is rake and reach adjustable. You can see how much I don't know yet so bear with me :wink:

What I do know is when I see a car I like and will fall in love with :driving: