Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My Alpina Roadster S (supercharger conversion @ ESS)

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
FemmeT

Re: My Alpina Roadster S (380mm brakes)

Post by FemmeT » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:39 pm

Here are some new pictures where you see how the quad pipe exhaust is done.

The car is currently being prepared for a repaint in a dark grey Lamborghini colour. The Voltphreaks battery has been fitted and the car has been driven for the first time to check for issues with the suspension. Some adjustments have to be made to the front springs and the stabilizer links. I am still waiting for the seats to return from retrimming.

Alpina Roadster S #46
Drexler LSD, Mov'it brakes, Reiger dampers, Recaro seats, quad exhaust and a thousand and one other mods

inTgr8r

Re: My Alpina Roadster S (naked :) )

Post by inTgr8r » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:07 pm

Very impressive work. :thumbsup:

louis

Post by louis » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:50 pm

hmm, i was thinking of grigio avalon myself, would be real interesting to see how your car turns out first! do u know the paint code of the exact shade of grey you chose?

DHK

Post by DHK » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:34 pm

I love how it looks naked))) Picture 1 and 3 just amazing. Great job man! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2004 Olivine Green | Sport/Premium | Sat Nav | Paddle shifters | Dice iPod | Heated Electric Seats | Clear rear/side lights | 19" CSL/FL452 |

FemmeT

Post by FemmeT » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:30 pm

louis wrote:hmm, i was thinking of grigio avalon myself, would be real interesting to see how your car turns out first! do u know the paint code of the exact shade of grey you chose?
My first choice was Grigio Proteus but it was not listed in the paint computer. We found another nice Lamborghini colour (don't know the name) so I decided to use that one. There's a high amount of metallic particles in it which should give a nice effect in the sun.

Grigio Proteus is used on the car below:

Alpina Roadster S #46
Drexler LSD, Mov'it brakes, Reiger dampers, Recaro seats, quad exhaust and a thousand and one other mods

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:21 pm

Femme,

I think this is coming of beautifully. I envy the facility you work out of and the engineering facilities you can bring together.

Can you tell me a little more about the exhaust system as quad pipes is on my mid term wish list? I confess ignorance of how a Z4M or Alpina system is set up for the 4 tail pipes, but your looks like a standard 2 pipe system with a branch running to the right side with a pair of chrome tips welded on. How functional is it Vs cosmetic?
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

FemmeT

Post by FemmeT » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:45 pm

A Z4-M has a muffler for each pair of tail pipes. The problem with a non Z4-M is that there is no space for a second muffler. You would have to relocate the battery compartment and trade in some trunk space.

The quad pipes are mainly there for cosmetics. Theoretically there could be a bit less resistance because of the 'third' tail pipe. Also some material inside the muffler has been removed to improve the sound.

My mechanic has tried several types of mufflers but they were all too loud. That's another reason why he decided to modify the Alpina muffler. I'm happy with this solution because I always loved the sound of the Alpina Roadster S.

The car should have +450hp after the ESS treatment. In my opinion it deserves quad pipes :D .
Alpina Roadster S #46

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:16 pm

That all makes sense and I can see it as a route I could take. A reasonable compromise between a system that sounds right and looks the part, without having to rebuild half the underneath of the boot and battery areas and the extra exit may just reduce back pressure a little with all those horses being generated. :D

Thanks
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:22 am

Never seen a seatbelt in that location - is that the ISOFIX thingy?
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:52 am

pvr wrote:Never seen a seatbelt in that location - is that the ISOFIX thingy?
I think the photos in pages 2 & then 3 show what's been done

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:12 am

ah ... :oops:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

czechT698

Post by czechT698 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:09 pm

Nice job! i really dig those rims and the diffuser! :D Very nice ride!
--./......................\.--
(OO\ (||||) (||||) /OO)
|__|....................|__|
sterling grey 2.5i roadster, black leather, //M Fahrewerk packet, Sport packet, Heated seats, Comfort pack, Xenon and sexy 103s 17" with Pirelli ZeroNero

z200

Post by z200 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:52 am

femmet i send you a pm check it plz mate

JohnZ4greece

Post by JohnZ4greece » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:38 pm

u r great....... i have a z4 20lit and i really jealous yor car.... really like your exhuast!!!

FemmeT

Re: My Alpina Roadster S

Post by FemmeT » Sat May 03, 2008 12:44 pm

The workshop is in the final stage of finishing the car. Here are today's pics (still without Alpina front spoiler):

Last edited by FemmeT on Sat May 03, 2008 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpina Roadster S #46