Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

is this still the easiest/cheapest way to fit aux input?

wrongboy

is this still the easiest/cheapest way to fit aux input?

Post by wrongboy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:53 pm

So i want to fit a Aux input to my 2004 3.0 z4, ive been reading through the posts and found this: http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1483 and it looks like a easy-ish way of connecting and by far the cheapest. im not fussed about controlling the music from m,y iphone itself as i always create playlist anyway. then searching through another post i found this http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... fg=95&hl=1 its the aux connector its self, but is there anywhere in the uk i can get it from? as there all in us dollars. So the question also is... is this the easiest/cheapest way to get and ipod/iphone running in my z4? thanks..

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Re: is this still the easiest/cheapest way to fit aux input?

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 pm

I bought ONE OF THESE WITH CIRCUIT BOARD FITTED which was £17 delivered.
Just plugs straight into rear of player. May be slightly different if you have satnav.

bobw1956

Post by bobw1956 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Dav the wheel nut wrote:I bought ONE OF THESE WITH CIRCUIT BOARD FITTED which was £17 delivered.
Just plugs straight into rear of player. May be slightly different if you have satnav.
Make sure the resistors∩︀are included,or the inline PCB,otherwise it wont work :roll:

wrongboy

Post by wrongboy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:05 pm

Wow that's excellent! Where about did you have the aux in situated in the car? Did you put the lead running into the ash tray or something? Just that I'm thinking now where I should run the lead to? So where you guys installed it to would help. Thanks very much again for your help, it's very much appreciated! :-)

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Above the ashtray there is a pop off panel where you feed the cable down. I drilled the panel and put it there.
Others have used the ashtray and some put it into the glove box.
I bet it will take you longer to get the air vents out than it will to fit everything else. :rofl:

wrongboy

Post by wrongboy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:41 pm

thanks dav.. i always wondered why the metal dash trim had chunks out of it above the vents, judging by thhat coment im guessing some monkey had taken the radio out before then! lol. ive never taken a radio out of a car before so im sure ill have some fun. is there a diy tut around here for it or anything? as juding by your reply im going to need it. lol thanks again.

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:43 pm

wrongboy

Post by wrongboy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Cheers again dav, decided to do a trial run for tomorrow when my cable will hopefully turn up, and the vent came straight out, tho that's because someone had removed it previously and brokeost of the brackets and it's definitely why there was marks on the brushed aluminium dash. Bastards! Lol. Tho the place where I should put the cable when it arrives I thought was where the cd changer was plugged into. Tho it looks like the cd changer is wired into the main block? Weird, makes installation easier tho. :-) just wonder if it's possible to get another brushed aluminium dash trim to replace the one currently on, or if indeed it can even be taken off and replaced? Cheers again for the help.