Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CD magazine

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

CD magazine

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:27 am

Odd one this....

The 6 cd magazine yesterday displayed 'check disk' each time I cycled between radio, dash cd and cd changer. I tried to eject the magazine/cassette to check it. Much whirring internally and it now displays 'no magazine'. :(

Anyone seen this one before?

My next step is I presume to disconnect the unit from the power and let it power up again - so:

1) is there an alternative eject process?
2) what's the easiest route into the rear of the unit - presumably through the trunk. (hell the X5 is easier here in it's near rack system)

Only change I have recently is that I had the battery disconnected at the weekend to fit the remote top module. That module is giving problems with doors and window closing, alarms, etc. but I can't see any connection with the audio circuitry there.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

pvr
Legend
Legend

Re: CD magazine

Post by pvr » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:53 am

No alternative process I am afraid, I have heard about a few of those units going like that.

The unit is very deep, and I don't think that from the boot you can get to the connectors as it is too tight. The only way I know of getting it out, it by removing the centre console and pulling it out from the front - unclipping the unit.

Before doing that, I would disconnect the battery for a bit and see if a reset fixes it (for now ...)
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RustyZ4 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Sounds to me like one of the CD holders has got stuck half in half out, is there (if you can see) a CD holder still trying to play and jammed,, if so then you have to manually tease it back, had this in my last bmw. should be fine after that.
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Cheers guys will give it a whirl.

Battery first to reset, then see if we have a stuck cd and finally out with the Birmingham screwdriver...lol
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills