Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4M Engine Vibration - Started just after service!

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Merefield

Z4M Engine Vibration - Started just after service!

Post by Merefield » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:55 am

All,

My Roadster went in for its second (simple oil) service at around the 10k mile mark.

Unfortunately, a day or so after its returned to me i noticed an uncharacteristic vibration in the engine. It sounds really rough at around 2,700rpm. This roughness doesn't appear before or after i clear that rev area.

Being pretty used to the noise of my Z4's engine so i know something is not right. I've not experienced this behaviour in the last 7k miles since purchase.

I've called the dealer and arranging for its return.

- Could this be serious - any ideas what it might be? I seem to remember this rev area is around the moment the first valve timing change comes into play?
- Should i insist the dealer collect the car on a low-loader rather than drive the 30 miles or so?

The other bit about the service that concerned me is that they charged ME for a new screw! Apparently when removing the oil filter one of the screws was cross threaded. Surely i shouldn't have to pay for the fact the car was badly assembled or disassembled?? And what of the thread on the engine? Will that be damaged?!

Merefield
///Merefield

2 Zero
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Z4M Engine Vibration - Started just after service!

Post by 2 Zero » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:29 am

I've been charged for a screw and screwed at the dealer but never charged for a screw at the dealer!!

What did a screw cost?? $.01
Out driving my car!!
See ya on the road!!