Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 Clear Windblocker Windscreen

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
highstream

Z4 Clear Windblocker Windscreen

Post by highstream » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:15 am

I´ve got the Z4 Clear Windblocker Windscreen from roadstersolutions and it works great!
I just got one problem.. it squeks and make noice when the car is going
over bumbs and such things.. anyone else who got this problem? is there anything I can do to stop the
squeeks?
Z4 FTW!

Cool Z4

Re: Z4 Clear Windblocker Windscreen

Post by Cool Z4 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:29 pm

I assume that you have the rubber pads on the sides and the bottom. Maybe the aqueek is from the ones in the loop? I took the loop ones out. decided I didn't need them.
IF you got them all in, maybe applying a little WD-40 where they meet may help or if you don't like that, vasaline?
ImageImage

highstream

Post by highstream » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:33 pm

good idea! thanks :D
Z4 FTW!

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:54 pm

I'd use the WD-40, it doesn't attract all that gunk and is easier to wipe off any excess without so much smearing.
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

azroadie

Post by azroadie » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:03 am

I have the same clear windscreen. This is a must in my opinion. I love the top down, but who really needs an obnoxious level of wind in your hair? This is a beautiful solution. I run my car with the top down 75% of the time and have never noticed any squeaky noises. I did use wd-40 during the install to help things slide into place. So maybe this helped. Just be sure to use a plastic (non-ammonia based) cleaner after so you don't damage the plastic.

I'd also check to make sure all parts are fully seated into position. I had a really hard time making this happen (and had several blisters for my efforts). This was the reason for my excessive use of wd-40.

If all else fails, I'd ask to speak to Dick at roadster solutions. I've talked with him personally several times and he's really great. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to discuss your problem and suggest some remedies. Good luck and let us know if you get the squeak fixed!
Supercharged Metallic Grey 2003 2.5i Z4 roadster, Sport, Premium, convenience, DICE Ipod, tinted winows, xenon, heated seats, clear bra, Falken FK452s, Supersprint Race Exhaust, modified CDV, ESS TS2 Supercharger

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:21 pm

mattholecko wrote:who really needs an obnoxious level of wind in your hair
umm uh..me :) ! I'm just curious matt, do you drive yours daily? I guess since mine's a toy and I only drive it once a week give or take, I relish in all the wind, sort of like motorcyclists - even though they wear a helmet (or, should), it's the wind/freedom factor that makes you feel so good. If there weren't helmet laws, my job would be even more interesting - most wouldn't wear one just so they could feel the wind in their hair. But it's subjective I know. Personally, I love the wind and I think the way the Z is built, it's a very manageable level.
I also wonder how the netting-style one differs in wind deflection compared to ones the y'all have? ovrkll has a 'pantyhose' style one that he says cuts down on nighttime glare. Great if you don't have a dimming rear-view I suppose, but I always poke fun at him about it :poke:
T.
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

highstream

Post by highstream » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:42 am

I think I found the problem... it´s the middle rubber connector on the main screen... I´ve placed it a little to much to the right and therefore the screen isnt fitting exactly.. hmm I will check and see if its possible to order just that part as a replacement
Z4 FTW!

BrossardZ4

Post by BrossardZ4 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:08 am

I also have the windblocker and it works very well, you know your cuboards in your kitchen, well usually you'll have these dimple size plastic things that keep the door more or less silent when you close the door. I used those on all the contact points before my install, 3 on the roll over bar and a few on the bottom where the windblocker touches the plastic behind the seats. Nice tight and silent.

highstream

Post by highstream » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:44 am

well the noice is gone now, thanks anyway :D
Z4 FTW!