Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Recommended detailer in Manchester?

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:07 pm

For an 18 month old car it has been badly washed by the previous owner leaving it with swirls and scrapes abound. Can anyone recommend a detailer in Manchester that will bring my black beauty back to mirror like life?

scottbt

Re: Recommended detailer in Manchester?

Post by scottbt » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:36 am

Migliore detailing. Static / unit based. Tell him Scott @ Beau Technique sent you.
High gloss loving rotarian with a love of things all perfect and glossy.

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 am

Website looks impressive (and expensive?)... I'll give them a call.

wills

Post by wills » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:21 am

Hello, I was going to do the same but bought a Halfords polisher and incredible how the paint came back to life - it took out all swirls & scratches.

It took around 15 mins for the bonnet, and 240v polisher cost £34 down from £42.

scottbt

Post by scottbt » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Sorry, but I cant believe that for one second. The halfords single speed buffer is for removing polishes and waxes. Might add a little lustre but get it under some lights and im sure it will be the same. Bully if it has worked but im not convinced at all.

@Maniac - Hes Swissvax so will always be more expensive. You get what you pay for when wanting the car to look right.
High gloss loving rotarian with a love of things all perfect and glossy.

wills

Post by wills » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:24 pm

Maybe it was also helped by the quality of the polish - I used a Meguiars low cut polish.

All swirl marks removed, and also took out a couple of small scratches.

Very impressed but I'm sure it doesn't compete with professional detailers

moonigan

Post by moonigan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi,

I used a chap called Scott Davis to do my car when I got as it was in quite a bad way. http://www.obsessivecardetailing.co.uk/ ... page=index he is based in Bolton and you can either take your car to him or he will come to you. Did a great job on my car and it still looks ace 12 months down the line.

However if you fancy trying it yourself then you can buy all the gear you will need for the cost of a detail. I recently purchased a 330i Saloon for day to day stuff and the paintwork is shocking. Rather than pay for someone to do it I decided to have a go myself and bought a DAS6 Pro Sonus kit + 4" pads. I was a little scared at first but its really quite easy, time consuming but easy and you dont have to worry about damaging your paint unless you are complete idiot.

The whole of the 330 looked like it had been washed with sand and I did the rear section (rear window backwards) in about 3 hours, thats washed, clayed, corrected and polished. Here are a couple of pics of the before and after (prior to final polish being applied).

P