Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Non-OEM sub replacement for DSP car?

Raify

Non-OEM sub replacement for DSP car?

Post by Raify » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:08 pm

I'm pretty sure my sub is blown (item 4 here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=65&fg=20 )

Does anyone know if there's a replacement speaker that's any good / will fit? I asked BMW who quoted something between £150 and £200 for an OEM replacement (if I remember correctly)
Z4M Coupe - Imola Red 2006 sold. What next?

Smokin

Re: Non-OEM sub replacement for DSP car?

Post by Smokin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Not sure you can.They're Carver technology so work with the special amp. I thought my sub was blown as the bass was very muddy and muffled. They replaced one speaker (under warranty, thank goodness) but it turned out to be the amp. I am SO glad my car was still under warranty for that (I've heard $1000 US).
2007 3.0si coupe, sapphire black, saddle brown extended leather, heated M seats, premium package, sport package, Carver, light poplar wood trim, xenon, headlight washers, 6 spd. Member BMWCCA, ZSCCA, Homecoming 08 Pirate.

Raify

Re: Non-OEM sub replacement for DSP car?

Post by Raify » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 am

What's Carver tech?

You really can't just get a speaker of the same size + spec and replace the OEM one?
Z4M Coupe - Imola Red 2006 sold. What next?