Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Simple speaker uprade

bmwangler

Simple speaker uprade

Post by bmwangler » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:01 pm

I have the standard audio set up which doesn't sound that bad. However, I fancy an upgrade of the front (footwell) speakers would provide a useful improvement at little cost.

I have read that the JBL-GTO628 6.5" two-way units are really good, with loads of tight, deep bass (what It needs, I feel)

They are 160mm diameter, 2 ohms impedance and require a 52mm mounting depth. Will they fit my Zed as a direct replacement?

Also, how do you get into the units - is it an easy job?
3.0i SE Roadster/De-Badged/Sterling Grey/108's/Xenons/Pro Sat Nav/Stubby/PDC/Retrofit Bluetooth/Cruise/ ///M Steering Wheel/ZHP/ ///M Black Grilles/

Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Simple speaker uprade

Post by Andy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:31 am

Nope you'll need spacers as it's a different mounting template - oems are 4 holes but in a peculiar shape.

remove of door cards is easy, but take the battery off first to make sure you dont get an airbag light.

have a look at the FAQ for a couple of guides :thumbsup:
Imola Z4MR #0026 6 yrs, & 66k so far..

bmwangler

Re: Simple speaker uprade

Post by bmwangler » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:58 am

Thanks, Andy, but it's the footwell speakers I want to change - how are they removed?
3.0i SE Roadster/De-Badged/Sterling Grey/108's/Xenons/Pro Sat Nav/Stubby/PDC/Retrofit Bluetooth/Cruise/ ///M Steering Wheel/ZHP/ ///M Black Grilles/