Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

mikeysbrokenleg.blogspot.com

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
MikeyC

mikeysbrokenleg.blogspot.com

Post by MikeyC » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:47 am

http://mikeysbrokenleg.blogspot.com/

Decided to make a blog of my recent ski accident. What the hell else am I going to do while cooped up in Moutiers hospital for a week?

As a knock-on effect, my 2006 Black Z4MR with red leather and all the trimmings will be going up for sale in the next week or so. I wanted to keep her as long as possible before I move to France in December but as I can't drive for 3 months what's the point... I feel like crying. :cry:

I've owned a TVR, VX220's, Lotus, Audi's, etc. etc but this car has touched my heart more than any of them. I am genuinely more gutted that I can't drive her than I am about being crippled. :thumbsdown:

noxas

Re: mikeysbrokenleg.blogspot.com

Post by noxas » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:01 am

That will teach you not to go sliding down a mountain!
Fracking Toasters!

06 3.0si Nav Phone PDC Ipod

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 am

No way man. I'm off to France to become a ski instructor!

(when I can walk again)

Nosa

Post by Nosa » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:26 am

Gutted for you

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Post by lacroupade » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 pm

MikeyC wrote:No way man. I'm off to France to become a ski instructor!

(when I can walk again)
mental!

just had a week in Tarbes hospital after a ladder malfunction (!)....dislocated right shoulder and left arm busted in three places plus multiple traumas. Loved the nurses, their health service makes ours look piss poor in comparison.

I had driven the Zed down and wifey flew out to be with me and drive home, but swapped seats after 30 miles or we'd never have made the ferry...does driving 900 miles with one hand warrant a new world record I wonder??? :rofl:
==============================================================
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:20 pm

lacroupade wrote:
I had driven the Zed down and wifey flew out to be with me and drive home, but swapped seats after 30 miles or we'd never have made the ferry...does driving 900 miles with one hand warrant a new world record I wonder??? :rofl:

Nice skills!

RichardG

Post by RichardG » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 am

lacroupade wrote:just had a week in Tarbes hospital after a ladder malfunction (!)....dislocated right shoulder and left arm busted in three places plus multiple traumas. Loved the nurses, their health service makes ours look piss poor in comparison.
Sorry but I first read that as a Bladder malfunction :rofl:
04 2.5 SE, Alpine iDA X-305, Eibach's, M Tri-Colour MFSW, CF Roundells, LeatherZ Armrest, De-Gingered, 19" VMR V710's, Aero Skirts, Fr & R M Bumpers, Quad Exhaust and NO Stubby

Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Andy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 am

Just read it, must be a tad dull in there.

Just spent a while in hospital with my dad who's just had a full knee replacement, so those pins, drains, braces etc are very familiar.

Total wounder about the car though, that would hurt me more than the knee.
Imola Z4MR #0026 6 yrs, & 66k so far..

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:27 pm

What hurts even more is that I won't even be able to take her for one last blat before selling. :(

think I should be on suicide watch.

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Post by lacroupade » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:33 pm

RichardG wrote:
lacroupade wrote:just had a week in Tarbes hospital after a ladder malfunction (!)....dislocated right shoulder and left arm busted in three places plus multiple traumas. Loved the nurses, their health service makes ours look piss poor in comparison.
Sorry but I first read that as a Bladder malfunction :rofl:
Eeeuuwww! If only! LOL

...but then there was the bed bath....they even polish your helmet for you :o , in my case by a Catherine Deneuve lookalike and a 17 year old girlie student :oops: :oops: :oops:
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mcbeee » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 pm

Wait 'til they come back to check your prostate........
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)

mrklaw

Post by mrklaw » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:17 pm

MikeyC wrote:What hurts even more is that I won't even be able to take her for one last blat before selling. :(

think I should be on suicide watch.

3 months? You still have half the summer and all of the autumn to enjoy it.
Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe, Auto, Montego Blue, Aluminium Dash, 108's, Heated M-sport Seats, Comfort Pack, Hi-fi upgrade

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Post by lacroupade » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:44 pm

mcbeee wrote:Wait 'til they come back to check your prostate........
screech! had that one with a difficult appendicitis diagnosis.....closely followed by a VERY LARGE pain relief suppository administered by a pretty young nurse.....but sometimes you just don't GIVE a s**t do you.... :oops: