Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Stuck in a rut?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
shabba

Re: Stuck in a rut?

Post by shabba » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:10 pm

I had really bad tonsillitis, i.e my tonsils were swollen to the point they were almost touching, so I wasn’t eating. I was taking pain tablets to ease the pain and help me sleep, but I took some nurofen or ibuprofen, the one that you shouldn’t take on an empty stomach. ……and because I mine was very empty (hadn’t eaten for a few days) it ruptured my stomach lining. So when I went to the docs he said for me to stop taking all tablets (I might have had some anti-biotics at that point too) and I’d be ok. I then walked out the doctors surgery building and passed out in the car park. I was losing the plot a bit as I was low on blood, I have no idea how I managed to drive there in the first place as I couldn’t really walk more than a few steps without going really dizzy. Luckily I woke up, called a mate and got him to come pick me up. A couple of days later I needed an ambulance as I had a total blackout when my dad tried to take me down the stairs so we could go to hospital, turns out I’d lost about 2/3rds of my blood by then (the ‘something’ level is meant to be 12 and was down to 4 IIRC). All fun!

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Blimey!! :o
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

Darkman

Post by Darkman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Could be you are lactose intolerant, its worth getting it checked. I'm only going on reports of Casey Stoner last year in Moto GP

Best of luck :thumbsup:

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Yes I'm pretty sure I'm lactosse intolerant, I find diary products bloat me and give me catarrh so I've pretty much cut it toally out of my diet.

bigshurv

Post by bigshurv » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:43 pm

I've got a different problem. Myworkload is so great that I'm having to work 60 hours a week just to keep my head above water.I'm permanently knackered,don't have time or energy for going to the gym and am really p*ssed off about it As people have left they havn't been replaced and we've had to take up the slack. We had a colleague leave due to stress and ill health,one had a heart attack and died on holiday 18 months aged 42,and we've just had another in hospital with a suspected heart attack .My employer doesn't think there's anything wrong ffs!!! I'd love to have not enough to do at work,I'd get my life back. :D

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mcbeee » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:58 pm

Breaker wrote:
PawnSacrifice wrote:
Breaker wrote: Your delusional!!

Your still thinking the Z4M roadster is the best Z4! :P :fuelfire:
Seriously, Breaker, I think you've got issues :cry: I think you and PVR should go on Jeremy Kyle!
:rofl:
I don't know who Jeremy Kyle is but if he's anything like that wacko Jerry Springer in the US I'm all for it, two psycho sports car nuts fighting over which steering wheel is better, wahoo, instant ratings. too bad one of you didn't impregnate the others sister, that's more like a Jerry Springer thing.

Just kidding boys, I just washed , clayed and waxed the best Zed around, ... my 35i. :rofl: :rofl:

Shabba, I'm lactose intolerant, I'm po'd at work and I just turned 55. F**kitall man, life's too short to be miserable. Do something totally foolish, go to florida on a whim, anything to get out of that rut. Take dance classes ( the girls are really nice scenery as long as you don't drool too much ), take anything , just do do it. Stop acting your physical age as others would have you act and start acting your mental age, 18 is a good one to start with.. :D ..I'm being funny but serious at the same time.... :D :wink:
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:43 am

bigshurv wrote:I've got a different problem. Myworkload is so great that I'm having to work 60 hours a week just to keep my head above water.I'm permanently knackered,don't have time or energy for going to the gym and am really p*ssed off about it As people have left they havn't been replaced and we've had to take up the slack. We had a colleague leave due to stress and ill health,one had a heart attack and died on holiday 18 months aged 42,and we've just had another in hospital with a suspected heart attack .My employer doesn't think there's anything wrong ffs!!! I'd love to have not enough to do at work,I'd get my life back. :D
Tricky one, can you not go speak to your managers and make them aware of the situation, say you have too much work, this way you HAVE warned them. Then reduce hours slowly and if the work gets behind then again report it to your management. this way you have informed them all the way, they cannot sack you as it would be unfair dismissal. Maybe start looking for another job too.

I mean you really do not want work to come beetween you and a partner or family, really hate seeing that happen.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:47 am

go on Jeremy Kyle! [/quote]

:rofl:[/quote]

I don't know who Jeremy Kyle is but if he's anything like that wacko Jerry Springer in the US I'm all for it, two psycho sports car nuts fighting over which steering wheel is better, wahoo, instant ratings. too bad one of you didn't impregnate the others sister, that's more like a Jerry Springer thing.

Just kidding boys, I just washed , clayed and waxed the best Zed around, ... my 35i. :rofl: :rofl:

Shabba, I'm lactose intolerant, I'm po'd at work and I just turned 55. F**kitall man, life's too short to be miserable. Do something totally foolish, go to florida on a whim, anything to get out of that rut. Take dance classes ( the girls are really nice scenery as long as you don't drool too much ), take anything , just do do it. Stop acting your physical age as others would have you act and start acting your mental age, 18 is a good one to start with.. :D ..I'm being funny but serious at the same time.... :D :wink:[/quote]

Thing is I can go away and I will just come back into the exact same situ, it changes very little. I've only been back from an awesome holiday 3 weeks ago, and again ladies isn't an issue - I had a few nice ones on holiday, was out on a date with a model at the weekend etc, that aspect of my life is ok.

Just need to 'fix' my mind while Im at work so I'm not doing my own head in. Motivation needed, and tiredness needs to be removed. I think I'm going to start taking Nightol again for a little bit, to make sure I'm sleeping properly - I think I am but I guess you never know how deep your sleeps are.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:44 am

Only just saw the Jeremy Kyle statement :rofl:

I saw an episode during holiday once, is that stuff really for real??? That was not just impregnating the sister - it was dating the other sister at the same time whilst having an affair with the mother and a side line with the brother :D
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Shabba,

I think its your job. As previously stated, this affects a lot of people now as changing jobs and careers now is SO diffficult. You get to a stage where the money builds to a decent level to keep your material life on track and any change could seriously jepordise this. therefore - trapped.

Advice - i've got none. Im in the same boat! If someone told me i could move to New York and do xyz and still come back to my job if i didnt like it, i would jump on it. Chances of that happening? F-all! Thats the problem, the security of a job is so valuable now that leaving is too big a risk.

Having a lot of time on your hands can also lead to being bummed out. You sound a bit like me in some ways - a thinker. Your own worst enemy in that way!

I think some sort of competitive sport would give you a buzz. I play squash as often as i can as its pretty full on and destroying your opponent is very rewarding. Thats the kind of thing (without trying to sound cheesy) that wakes the soul. I do the Gym aswell but its just a competition against yourself which can get very mundane. Body building is an endless mission really.
///M Interlagos. Champagne leather

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:54 pm

Agree with everything there Dreamer, is defo the case.

Hmm sport, not sure about that as I don't have loads of spare time and Im either very good and something, or rubbish, usually the later. I was pretty good at Athletics but had to give it up due to work/time and also slightly dodgy back. I was training 5x a week and competing at the weekend, was good but drained all time.

Just need to somehow find a way of motivating myself at work so I'm not thinking and such. Problem I guess is that it overlays to other aspects of life, i.e you get into the same lazy mode at the weekends.