Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cruise Control - WHICH PIN? ** UPDATE** - coding?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
jamiez

Re: Cruise Control - WHICH PIN? ** UPDATE** - coding?

Post by jamiez » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:36 am

srhutch wrote:Some more info, my source has contacted somebody in the Netherlands who has confirmed the following

blue wire on plug x60002 under the bonnet on pin 4

I need to confirm what engine, but looking at the instructions it was either a N52 or N46
Were almost there steve - looks like its either gonna be

- blue wire to pin 4 on plug x60002 (black 26 pin plug) (according to pdfs)
- blue wire to pin 10 on plug x60002 (black 26 pin plug) (confirmed on n52 2.5si engine)

hummmm
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

glastoveteran

Post by glastoveteran » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:59 am

Cool - thanks guys. :thumbsup:

So has anyone checked if these pins are empty? And is there likely to be any difference between the 2.5 N52 and 3.0 N52?
Z4MC Silver Grey / Light Sepang / Nav / Logic7 DSP / Intravee / Bluetooth / Cruise / PDC / SPG / Electric folding and dimming mirrors / 19" E46 M3 wheels / Vreds

glastoveteran

Post by glastoveteran » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:31 pm

Howdy chaps - anyone got this sorted yet?
Z4MC Silver Grey / Light Sepang / Nav / Logic7 DSP / Intravee / Bluetooth / Cruise / PDC / SPG / Electric folding and dimming mirrors / 19" E46 M3 wheels / Vreds

johnsh123

Post by johnsh123 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi,
I did mine a couple of months ago on an 07 2.5i se with the n52 engine, and it worked fine with no programming required, not sure if I was just lucky.
I threw away the appalling instructions in disgust, so don't know if the installation is the same on your car, anyway have a look at this link, hope its of some help.
http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 34&t=14175

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:39 pm

johnsh123 wrote:Hi,
I did mine a couple of months ago on an 07 2.5i se with the n52 engine, and it worked fine with no programming required, not sure if I was just lucky.
I threw away the appalling instructions in disgust, so don't know if the installation is the same on your car, anyway have a look at this link, hope its of some help.
http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 34&t=14175

Which pin did you push the new wire into on this 42 pin plug (as read from that post)

thanks
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

johnsh123

Post by johnsh123 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:33 am

Hi,
It was pin number 39.

"For anybody who has this problem in the future, the IVM is the electronic power distribution box just in front of the electronic box, and the plug X60192 is the inb'd upper 42 pin one, on my car 2.5i se 2007 it is grey"

You need to be sure that this is applicable to your engine model and construction date, as I said earlier I no longer have the instructions so can't help with that.

Cheers

John

glastoveteran

Post by glastoveteran » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Cheers John. I think Jamie and I were hoping you were going to say a different pin as we've both connected ours to pin 39 with no joy whatsoever, so wondered if it was in fact a different pin!

John do you remember whether the 42-pin plug did in fact have 44 pins? I think both mine and Jamie's do which is slightly confusing, and makes me suspicious that it's not connected up in the same way.

Does anyone know whether the 2.5 N52 and 3.0 N52 are exactly the same in terms of the DME pin configuration?

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:09 pm

I have asked John if he could confirm this also and with a phot if possible.

I would have thought the DME would be the same for all 2.5/2.5si/3.0si engines as they are all N52's

johnsh123

Post by johnsh123 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:54 am

Hi,

I have sent pics to srhutch who will know how to post them, I have tried unsuccessfully! all credit for the pics must go to Z4coupebeaver who's help when I did the mod was invaluable.

Sorry can't remember the number of pins on the plug, you can probably see this on the pics.

I fly to Indonesia for a few months work in a couple of hours, so will leave you guys to deal with this weather :D.

Cheers
John

glastoveteran

Post by glastoveteran » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:05 am

Thanks John - have a great time in Indonesia!

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 am

johnsh123 - what work are you doing out there?

Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Andy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:22 am

Fingers crossed - would be great to get an answer on this and finish the outstanding retrofits.
Imola Z4MR #0026 6 yrs, & 66k so far..

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:42 am

Im going to finish mine off this weekend!!
Fingers crossed - all i can say is that the BMW "distructions" stink worse than ever before and a picture speak 100000 words!!!
We had the correct pin - but the wrong electronics box and wrong plug

Will update later - and will ensure that between us left to finish it off - will create a HOW TO.

Jamie

glastoveteran

Post by glastoveteran » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Does this mean you've seen a picture of where it should go?!

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Ok folks the pictures we have all been waiting for. Many thanks to Z4coupebeaver for providing and allowing me to post them.

I havent had chance to check to validate but both Z4coupebeaver and johnsh123 have it working from this so fingers very much crossed.

Once I have my cable set and installed I will produce a "How To" so we can get this put to bed (assuming all goes OK)

First thing to point out is that the wire isnt plugged into the main Electrical box at the top of the first picture as we though and as the two official BMW PDF documents show :x

I have other pics but feel these two clearly show where the pin needs to be plugged in, the plug can be determined by the other wires around it so should not be any need for confussion.