Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Considering a change from the Z4...

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
dan_i

Re: Considering a change from the Z4...

Post by dan_i » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:47 pm

This is such a hard one. I love RX8's but wouldn't own one purely down to the shocking economy. The oil thing hardly matters, average annual mileage would probably find you putting about 150 quids worth of oil a year in, in top ups...hardly a bank breaker. I'd better tempted for a hot hatch, on the cheap/practical front. But then again, I can hardly tell a difference between my 3.0 Z4 and old Civic Type R on fuel.
Now with Mods....mini aerial, an AUX Ipod point, CDV-less, and one piece of sponge less, to make it (seem) louder!
Bye bye Run-Flats!! Now, FK452's :)

easty027

Re: Considering a change from the Z4...

Post by easty027 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:54 pm

GaryThomlinson wrote:lol you're not helping me guys haha... I know, I loooove my Z... but its very expensive to insure in Manchester... like £1000 a year fully comp!... The RX8 ins comes in around £650 a year. But thats gonna be offset by fuel costs definitely.

350Z is nice, my bro had one, loved it... but NOT cheaper in any way at all lol... I even tried his next car, Honda S2000 and that's nearly £1500 a year in insurance. EVO is an interesting thought, but I'd never consider is stylish?!?

I'm looking for something still with some style, a nice bit of quickness, not bothered diesel or petrol, I've owned both in the past. The primary -ve i have with the Z is that suspension... the fact the wheels are bolted str8 to the chassis does little for my bones. So something stylish, quick, comfy (er), ... Its a challenge lol
I dont think its fair to say the insurance is a problem due to manchester alone, i suppose it depends on where you live and no claims bonus etc, i live south manchester (about 7 miles) from the centre and pay £600 fully comp including protected no claims and thats with points on my license. As for the mini, the wife has a 2003 53 plate CooperS, and it drinks fuel like there is a hole in the tank, its far worse in terms of economy than the 3.0I Z4 i have. Great car, but very poor fuel economy.