Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Installed Aux switch, but no Aux option shows

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
baldjake13

Post by baldjake13 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:14 pm

I ordered and installed this AUX port to add to my 2005 Z4 Business CD Unit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/386116456635

It slid nicely right into the rear of the head unit. Got it wired and dropped underneath the dash. Then went to test it and there is no AUX mode?

Did I miss something? Thought it was plug and play?

I'm trying to hook up a Carplay box to the head unit so I can listen to spotify and talk on my phone through the speakers.
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Wireles ... CX1QYDFD/
Got it installed and it works great, just needed to add the aux option so I didn't have to use the FM option for speakers.

Thoughts?

Rockhopper

Post by Rockhopper » Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:16 pm

You've almost certainly not pushed a pin all the way home or similar.

baldjake13

Post by baldjake13 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:29 pm

Rockhopper wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:16 pm You've almost certainly not pushed a pin all the way home or similar.
I pulled and reconnected securely. Have it plugged into the correct slot according to the diagram on this thread (C)
viewtopic.php?t=66819

Wondering if I have the resistor issue? Not sure how to tell?
Our headunits require a specific resistance between the two input pins to trigger the headunit to show aux as an available option.
Some bmws, like the newer minis, don't and have "aux" available even if there's no cable attached.

baldjake13

Post by baldjake13 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:29 pm

Rockhopper wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:16 pm You've almost certainly not pushed a pin all the way home or similar.
I pulled and reconnected securely. Have it plugged into the correct slot according to the diagram on this thread (C)
viewtopic.php?t=66819

Our headunits require a specific resistance between the two input pins to trigger the headunit to show aux as an available option.
Some bmws, like the newer minis, don't and have "aux" available even if there's no cable attached.

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:15 pm

I used to have a problem with AUX not showing if I tried charging the phone at the same time
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Rockhopper

Post by Rockhopper » Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:34 pm

Can we have a photo of the back of radio?

BumpyZ4

Post by BumpyZ4 » Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:21 pm

baldjake13 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:29 pm
viewtopic.php?t=66819

Unplug it at the radio and measure the resistance between the two wires. It should be 300K ohms.
2003 E85 3.0i Sterling Gray
KLR 650
Diva Roadster (Kit Car)