Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What a Nightmare!

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

What a Nightmare!

Post by paddy wright » Tue May 28, 2024 9:53 am

Try a bump start to see if that works. If it does that would point to starter moment
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Mike6

What a Nightmare!

Post by Mike6 » Wed May 29, 2024 4:13 pm

You say battery has been checked by ecp. Wouldn't trust them one bit. If they checked voltage it could still be battery amperes not strong enough to turn engine. How old is battery as they can throw all sorts of errors . If battery is getting on a bit try changing that first.

PDJ

What a Nightmare!

Post by PDJ » Wed May 29, 2024 7:29 pm

Remove the spark plugs and check it turns over ok

Refit plugs and try a jump start

Try a bump/tow start

Report back

Pabby1980

What a Nightmare!

Post by Pabby1980 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:01 pm

Firstly thanks for all the help guys. Much appreciated.

Yes the starter was faulty. I used the guides on here and did it myself for £75 but have to say, you need a long neck electric wrench or it's a bastard of a job (excuse my French).

I'll post this on the guides also. Honestly, it takes a 5 hour job down to 30 mins. Absolutely essential.

Remote central locking is now working with the usual easy fix (key in hold button etc etc), but now can't get the roof to go down with key. No big deal, Carly can do that if I find one locally.

Ugh, now just waiting for the next issue. Its like owning a boat! 🤣

MOT tomorrow so fingers crossed 🤞

Thanks again.

Paul.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

What a Nightmare!

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:06 pm

Pabby1980 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:01 pm I used the guides on here and did it myself for £75 but have to say, you need a long neck electric wrench or it's a bastard of a job (excuse my French).

I'll post this on the guides also. Honestly, it takes a 5 hour job down to 30 mins. Absolutely essential.
Really?
Guess it depends how big your hands are and how much spanner practice you've had in the past.
I've been pulled up many times on here for saying 'it's a ten minute job' whilst forgetting I spent my life wielding tools in confined spaces.
But still................... 5 hours?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

What a Nightmare!

Post by MikeyH » Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:00 pm

That’s about how long mine took me to do but I did have an hour round trip to Exeter as the local Euro Parts didn’t have one in stock :rofl: Still 4 hours though :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.