Vredestein ultrac pro

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Zowen

Vredestein ultrac pro

Post by Zowen » Tue May 07, 2024 2:17 pm

Hi everyone!

I have recently purchased some vreds ultrac pros (vorti+ replacement), which from what I can tell are new for spring 2024 and have only been in 1 tyre test.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten them yet and what they think? For the price (110 for 255/35/18 and 75 for 225/40/18) I think these could be THE tyre of choice unless I'm delusional and missed something. From what Ive read although an overall improvement, it seems vred have focused a bit more on comfort than performance with these tyres but I guess I won't know until they're here. I'll post an update as well once they've arrived and are fitted and if anyone's had experience with them please share! :)

Special Kay

Vredestein ultrac pro

Post by Special Kay » Tue May 07, 2024 2:32 pm

I don't have particular experience with the new tyre, but I do have Vreds on my daily. The vreds replaced the conti sport contacts prior. From my experience with the vreds, I honestly can't fault them, they have been through every scenario the great british weather has thrown at them, and I've always felt comfortable and confident driving with those on all four corners. I personally wouldn't have any hesitation on putting these on any of my cars. :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Vredestein ultrac pro

Post by buzyg » Tue May 07, 2024 8:28 pm

There was a time, several years back, when Vred Ultra Sports were very popular on here. I certainly had a few sets. Then many switched to MPS's of one form or another. Which cost a chunk more. It would be great if Vreds have there mogo back. Will be interesting to hear how you get on with them. :thumbsup:

Zowen

Vredestein ultrac pro

Post by Zowen » Tue May 07, 2024 10:02 pm

buzyg wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:28 pm There was a time, several years back, when Vred Ultra Sports were very popular on here. I certainly had a few sets. Then many switched to MPS's of one form or another. Which cost a chunk more. It would be great if Vreds have there mogo back. Will be interesting to hear how you get on with them. :thumbsup:
I agree if these live up to the test they was in then I will be more than impressed considering the price! It got best value and came 3rd behind mps 4s and cont sport contacts, with the only difference in ratings with mps being a mark below in dry and a mark above in noise!

The review of it said "Securing a commendable third place among seven contenders, the Vredestein Ultrac Pro emerged as a standout in the evaluation, meriting an 'Exemplary' final rating. The tire was lauded for its innovative, dynamically balanced sport composition that ensures very good safety margins against aquaplaning, short braking distances, convincing ride comfort, and quiet driving noise. However, a slight delay in steering response was noted as a drawback. Among its superior achievements, the Vredestein Ultrac Pro excelled particularly in aquaplaning longitudinally, comfort, and exterior noise, marking it as a top choice for those prioritizing these aspects in their tire selection."

here's the link https://www.thetirelab.com/autobild/sum ... 65-35-r19/

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Vredestein ultrac pro

Post by flimper » Mon May 13, 2024 4:33 pm

Interested to hear how you find them, at the price these have to be on the radar as an alternative to Michelin etc
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

AnilS

Vredestein ultrac pro

Post by AnilS » Mon May 13, 2024 6:32 pm

Special Kay wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:32 pm I don't have particular experience with the new tyre, but I do have Vreds on my daily. The vreds replaced the conti sport contacts prior. From my experience with the vreds, I honestly can't fault them, they have been through every scenario the great british weather has thrown at them, and I've always felt comfortable and confident driving with those on all four corners. I personally wouldn't have any hesitation on putting these on any of my cars. :thumbsup:
Ditto.
E86 Si Auto Coupe in Ruby Black.

Zowen

Vredestein ultrac pro

Post by Zowen » Mon May 13, 2024 7:26 pm

Well after nearly 200 miles of spirited driving here's my short term review (will update further along the line)

The review was pretty much spot on but one thing I noticed is the grip on these new tyres is immense. You do notice the slight hesitation with steering but I think these are some of the comfiest quietest tyres I've felt. I really struggle to feel all the small bumps on our british roads with these which I did previously on 18 inch alloys but this has dampened them a lot.

As far as driving I haven't been able to knock the grip and the braking is phenomenal especially on the wet roads we had yesterday (decided go out in the wet weather yesterday so I can give an immediate review in the wet). I might not push my Z4 like a lot of you do because with it being my first car with a bit of power it scares me a bit but I do give it a bit when I can and for road use I can't fault it.

I'm unsure how it'll be on a track and my Z4 is a bit away before I'm prepared to put it on one but for street use I doubt you can do much better for the price.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Vredestein ultrac pro

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon May 13, 2024 8:50 pm

That's very positive, and something I'll try to remember when I need new tyres. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black