Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
99ron

M market watch

Post by 99ron » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:58 pm

Just renewed mine and I do monthly for 6 to months usually. The added interest for monthly makes it over £770 a year. On the rfl subject, the complete nonsense of policy is highlighted when comparing with the other nonsense ULEZ. Z4M highest tax bracket but ulez compliant. So is it high polluting or not? If I can drive it in London then stop taking the piss on the rfl. Then there are plenty of small diesel hatchbacks that are euro 5 so not ULEZ compliant but £0 RFL. Utter nonsense.
They should simply flat rate all cars from 2001 onwards for RFL, including the heavy EVs who cause as much wear and tear of our roads as anything else. Anything prior to 2001 free as anything that old is likely either dead or now a low usage classic. Implement in 2026 as the new classic car tax policy, reduced from existing 40 year old to 25.. Then the issue of usage based on emissions is covered already by the tax applied to combustion engine fuel. So if you then choose to do high miles in a thirsty car then you're already paying for the privilege. Nice and simple to administer and understand... So that will never work.
Z4MR E85 for sunny day Hooning. 8)
Now with added joy of Gruppe M.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:05 pm

I looked at this before. The RFL bands were set according to CO2 emissions.

ULEZ is supposed to improve air quality so what is or isn't is compliant is determined by NOx emissions because someone has finally realised they are far more harmful. :headbang:

So although I have to pay top band RFL for my MC, at least I don't have to pay to visit my sister who lives in a London Borough.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black