Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bulb light keeps popping up whilst driving

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Bulb light keeps popping up whilst driving

Post by Pondrew » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:12 pm

Alfiedog wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:37 am Something I’ve found out that nobody has mentioned is the fact that if you scroll through the dashboard menu and click on check data when you get the bulb icon click on it and it gives you the code CC-ID136 👍 in this case it was saying there’s a problem with the rear near side brake light. So I investigated and what do I find………2 wires not connected to one of the brake light bulb holder/ housing . ( you may be aware there are 2 rear brake light bulbs so it seems) so from the outside it isn’t obvious one bulb isn’t working and even when I did a brake light test it appeared to be working ( relying on someone at rear telling me brake lights work 😉) So there we have , take a look at the fault code on the dash
Everybody on car forums is obsessed with bloody scanners and code readers. They are very useful admittedly, but there is an awful lot you can still find out and do without one.
Although I have finally bought one after 3 years! :oops:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!