Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Harman Kardon Speakers

Discussing the current generation Z4
Z4CCC

Harman Kardon Speakers

Post by Z4CCC » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:12 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are well….having recently taken delivery of my Z4 I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues with their speakers on their HK system? I’ve noticed that there seems to be a vibration or distorted sound when playing certain songs. I’ve played around with the settings together with the equaliser and I only have the base increased by two clicks. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Timdon

Harman Kardon Speakers

Post by Timdon » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:41 pm

Hi I have the same Hk set up and haven’t had any problems with regards to distortion or vibration when listening to a queen album at 80% , I did read on another forum about the wires in the door cards vibrating

Z4CCC

Harman Kardon Speakers

Post by Z4CCC » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:10 pm

Many thanks for your reply Timdon. Out of interest, were you listening via a wired connection or wireless CarPlay? I’ve reduced the 500hq on the equaliser and it’s still sound’s distorted even at modest volume.

F1SpaceMonkey

Harman Kardon Speakers

Post by F1SpaceMonkey » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:48 am

This was a topic on another forum and this is more or less the suggested setup to get the best out of it. It improved the sound in my car. There are certain songs mentioned to test a setup too such as Massive Attack's Unfinished Sympathy. Give both a go.
Attachments
HK.jpg
HK.jpg (159.9 KiB) Viewed 573 times

Z4CCC

Harman Kardon Speakers

Post by Z4CCC » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:13 pm

Many thanks F1SpaceMonkey! I’ll try your suggested settings and let you know how I get on :thumbsup:

raven

Harman Kardon Speakers

Post by raven » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

The HK speakers are very poor quality, i swapped mine out for an upgrade kit from audison, new dsp and an additional hertz subwoofer, night and day difference.

The doors and back wall need a lot of isolation to remove vibrations. I also added some soundproofing in to the bottom of the soft top box. And added some sound dampening on the trunk side ski hatch door. I still get some vibration sounds at high volume but a lot less than before :)
2019 BMW Z4 G29 M40i @600hp - IG: ZZZZ_M40i