Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

First pics of our lovely new Estoril E89

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:18 pm

obewan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:16 pm I'm sorry you weren't happy with the car Pondrew, but I can assure you there was no deliberate intent by the seller to mislead.
It is now 'water under the bridge' (excuse the pun).
I paid a very high price for the car, as I was led to believe it was the very best E89 out there. It isn't. I paid £3,500 more than I sold our previous E89 for just a few months before. That car was in better condition inside and out with just a few thousand more miles on it.
So, yes, I was extremely annoyed when I found the battery compartment swimming in an inch of water, and water dripping from the windscreen seal into the cabin.

I was also led to believe the car had the top spec sound system. It doesn't. It has the basic one. I also specifically asked the seller to keep the battery charged as I knew the car wasn't being used. On the second day of ownership the battery was almost flat and came up with a warning!

I believe now the seller was a little naive about how best to look after an E89. Maybe I was also naive to think other people are as particular as I am?

We are happy with the car so far, as I have addressed the water and battery issues. I just didn't expect to be pumping water out of such an expensive car within minutes of it being delivered.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:24 pm

obewan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:16 pm I'm a little shocked at the some of the accusations made.
There were no 'accusations' made. Everything I said is the truth. I don't lie when it comes to things car-related (only lie at work). :wink:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

BeardyJon

Post by BeardyJon » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:41 am

obewan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:16 pm I've just come across this thread and as the 'guy' who vouched for the car I'm a little shocked at the some of the accusations made.

I'm sorry you weren't happy with the car Pondrew, but I can assure you there was no deliberate intent by the seller to mislead.
To be fair to the OP, there were numerous issues that he asked about and he was given incorrect info about each one, not just the water ingress issue that the previous owner 'forgot' to check. So imo it's pretty reasonable to conclude that the previous owner might have been deliberately trying to mislead OP to make a sale.
2012 E89 sDrive20i M Sport Celtic Tuning Stage 3 Remap
2008 E86 Z4 M Sport 2.0i - Gone
2003 E46 316ti M Sport - Gone