Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Nine Year Ceramic Coating

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
IRD

Post by IRD » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:34 am

john-e89 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:41 pm 9 years…?? :o

It’s either a confident company that guarantees they’ll still be in business in 9yrs or a soft lad for buying into the ‘dream’… :poke: :evil: :wink: :wink:
I know John. I could easily be the ‘soft lad’ you are talking about. I still remember a teacher in my time at secondary school telling me if he gave me a brain it was the only one I would have. Mind you the same guy told Hank Marvin to stop messing about with a guitar because he would never make a living from playing one of those things. 😀😀😀

IRD

Post by IRD » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:41 am

Nanu wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:27 pm Twice a year application of Gtechnic C2 ceramic sealant works a treat and does everything it claims.

£11.95 on Amazon and about an hour per wash and application.
Nanu wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:27 pm Twice a year application of Gtechnic C2 ceramic sealant works a treat and does everything it claims.

Thank you for that information. It is coated with GTechniq products so that should work well. 👍

Hilly30si

Post by Hilly30si » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:01 pm

I had my X3 done with a 5 year warranty the car was six months old. It does not matter how long I leave between washes but it never seems the look dirty. When I do wash the car I use snow foam leave it for 15 minutes rinse go over it with a mitt and shampoo, rinse again, then dry off with large microfibre cloth. It three years old now and looks fantastic. The detail guy gives it a 12 month detail with a fluid that activates the coating :thumbsup:
My Cars

2021 X3 M Sport loaded with Tec
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Gone but not forgotten
2008 Z4 3.0 SI Roadster