Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyres Tyres Tyres!

Discussing the current generation Z4
Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Tyres Tyres Tyres!

Post by Nanu » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:07 pm

B21 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:26 pm
Nanu wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:43 pm Thats a good price for the rears. I have seen the same advertised for as much as £60 more each.

Will be needing 2 new rears in about another 1K or so. Will definitely be putting on the Conti 7s from all the good feedback.

Wonder if it will balance the fuel consumption concerns by having the new Conti 7s on the rear and having the Michelins still on the front for another 10k miles thats left on them?
The difference in fuel consumption must be relatively marginal…I’d be more concerned with having some less grippy front tyres for 10k miles.. :tumbleweed:
There is nothing wrong with the grip on the fronts. It will just mean fronts good rears better. No intention of spending nearly £300 to replace perfectly good tyres
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Tyres Tyres Tyres!

Post by B21 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:14 pm

Nanu wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:07 pm
B21 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:26 pm
Nanu wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:43 pm Thats a good price for the rears. I have seen the same advertised for as much as £60 more each.

Will be needing 2 new rears in about another 1K or so. Will definitely be putting on the Conti 7s from all the good feedback.

Wonder if it will balance the fuel consumption concerns by having the new Conti 7s on the rear and having the Michelins still on the front for another 10k miles thats left on them?
The difference in fuel consumption must be relatively marginal…I’d be more concerned with having some less grippy front tyres for 10k miles.. :tumbleweed:
There is nothing wrong with the grip on the fronts. It will just mean fronts good rears better. No intention of spending nearly £300 to replace perfectly good tyres
Of course it’s your prerogative….as you state the grip levels are different and will be more marked depending on changing conditions ..enjoy ..
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Schaef

Tyres Tyres Tyres!

Post by Schaef » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:14 am

When my rear tires were worn out I switched to Pirelli. I have had quite a few problems with the tracking system with Michelins at the front and Pirelli tires at the rear. Every bend I took a little faster than normal, the car started to correct the car via the brakes, even though I was not going extremely fast. Very weird. Then I replaced the front tires for Pirelli and then this problem was over. I think it has to do with the sidewall of the tire, where Michelin's are a bit firmer than Pirelli's, which makes the car think that the car is going to break away.

That is my experience with two different brands of tires front and rear.