Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Random nav screen on offs?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:09 am

Evening my lovelies
OK only last week so not sure if weather caused with heat and moisture in air recently
But start car approx 1m down road and noticed sat nav screen blip off N on again
So watched out couple of trips after and it even trips off heated seats and hand brake dsc light pop on for 1 second
Does this max of twice then never again until leave over night and take out again??????

Random but annoying
Going to bmw v soon anyway but was wondering if anyone has any ideas
Dodgy fuse maybe?
M

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:07 am

Haven't checked but wouldn't think those 3 be on a related fuse, could be a battery gremlin , is the battery old
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:02 am

Morning buddy
Well batteries age I am not sure off.
But it and only at this time has it died
Was when it sat at sprayers then detailers then 3m
As it needed to be jumped twice
And it reset everything so yeah I'm imagining it's done this possibly since as not before

As it's killed my one touch drivers side and been diagnosed as either regulator or motor as won't re initialize
So I'll get them to test it when it's in for that
As want to get it sorted

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:40 pm

Well I popped to North Oxford bmw for it to be seen
Yup flat battery appears it killed it's self haha

Fitted new battery myself earlier from them
Then did another oil and filter change as do them every 3k
And God oil and filter were £145!! That's to me wow it's gone up
Battery Was cheaper hahah

x-driver

Post by x-driver » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:26 am

Lately I've noticed that every time I start the car, the sat nav screen goes down and back up immediatly after the engine starts running. Could it be the battery getting bad? No other symptoms however.
So when I turn on the ignition, the screen goes up, turns on, music starts playing, everything is fine. Then I start the engine and as soon as I release the key when the engine starts running, the screen goes down and immediatly up again. Then it's all fine.