Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof doesn’t always work.

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
jackboy

Post by jackboy » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:39 pm

Hi,

Got a strange issue with my z4. Haven’t really driven it much the last year. Just re mot’d it because it’s ULEZ compliant. Weird thing is the roof doesn’t always active. Whether putting it down or up I press the button and nothing happens. I turn the car off and on again. Try with engine running engine not running. Suddenly it will just work. It has never not worked eventually but it’s obviously annoying.

Any ideas? Thanks

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:51 pm

possible that the roof control module is starting to fail or the loom is needing repair?

when it works does it work slowly and has the motor been relocated?
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

jackboy

Post by jackboy » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:25 pm

Motor was relocated by Bowser and then also had the pipes replaced. When it works seems to go normal speed

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:35 pm

Had a similar issue. New module fixed it for me
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

jackboy

Post by jackboy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:02 pm

Hi, I still haven’t tackled this yet. On another forum somebody said more likely to be be wiring than control module. If I try a new (second hand eBay) module will it work without being paired with my car? Also, are there any videos of how to actually do it as can’t find any. Or any instructions?

Thanks

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:09 pm

jackboy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:02 pm Hi, I still haven’t tackled this yet. On another forum somebody said more likely to be be wiring than control module. If I try a new (second hand eBay) module will it work without being paired with my car? Also, are there any videos of how to actually do it as can’t find any. Or any instructions?

Thanks
Simple plug and play. Behind the left seat there is a square grille on the trim. Pop this off and you can see the module. Small hands help but you can swap it through that hole.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.