Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Connected Drive

Discussing the current generation Z4
BigCheesy

Connected Drive

Post by BigCheesy » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:45 pm

Didn’t renew my connected drive when it expired a few months ago. Magically this morning had a look at the app which did an App Store update. Once complete I noticed it had given me a “free trial” of BMW ConnectedDrive. Something for nothing from Scrooge BMW, Merry Christmas. Wonder how short lived this will be. Anyone else seen this.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Connected Drive

Post by Nanu » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:51 pm

Where on the idrive is this magical App and will have a go?
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

BigCheesy

Connected Drive

Post by BigCheesy » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:09 pm

It was only the “My BMW” app which I down loaded when I bought car. Had plenty warnings it was expiring but didn’t bother downing the £80. When I went back on the My BMW app it did an upgrade and has given me a free trial period. Clicked for free trail and got an email confirming my connection for BMW connected services. Not been out in car since but need to enable next time I’m out.

Timdon

Connected Drive

Post by Timdon » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:45 pm

My connected app is also working without subscription telling me driving data ect , maybe it’s a way to get us to pay for more services through the app.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Connected Drive

Post by Nanu » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:54 pm

As referred to previously I didn't continue with the annual subscription for the connected drive.

However, when I started up a couple of days ago I received a message that a map update was available. Not having the subscription I ignored it.

Yesterday The message was that the update will recommence shortly, which so far has remained the same. All other connected drive services appear to be working for free :D

Also got a phone call from my local stealership informing me that my connected drive has made them aware that a service is due. When I told them I don't subscribe to connected drive they informed me that according to their records, I do?

For information, the service was Oil, filters, sparkplugs and vehicle check up £560 :o Happy with the oil change and filters but only done 17,000 miles and the car informs me is not due for another 7,000 miles. I know the service interval is also time based but don't see why the plugs will need changing?

Told them I would think about it.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White