Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

MOT day

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

MOT day

Post by flybobbie » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:29 pm

MikeyH wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:04 pm
flybobbie wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:54 pm Anyone near Stourbridge Protyre £20 mot. Not sure if offer still on.
Last year £40 over the road at Halfords, even though i signed up for £5 off, which didn't get.
I had a very bad experience with Halfords on my van a few years ago. They seemed to find all sorts of stuff that needed doing to the brakes and wheel bearings. Just don't know. Cheap MOT. Hmmmmm, be careful.
Well first time try Protyre. Normally i have been across the road at Halfords last 10 years, no problem. Once or twice local independent.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

MOT day

Post by Nanu » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:45 pm

tiglon wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:27 pm Mine got its first advisory since 2019 last time out - for rear tyres that I remain convinced had at least 3-4mm left. Nowhere near the legal limit.
Yep, I have had that before with the garage saying they couldn't release the car back to me as the tyres were illegal to be on the road. They were very disappointed when I chose not to buy tyres from them and got Black Circles to attend the garage and they said the tyres were OK for another few thousand miles.

Did give trading standards a phone call but not sure if they did anything.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Bmw Enthusiast

MOT day

Post by Bmw Enthusiast » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:19 pm

Replying to Mikeyh from last night.....only thing Halfords found was a small weep on the front strut. When they rang they said the car also needed 2 new tyres. When I picked it up.....report said 3-4mm of tread on both tyres and a recommended to monitor. On the plus side using them was convenient, free and piece of mind on basic safety on an old car new to me. Got a good indy lined up for the mot. Will update when it passes......now there's confidence fir you!

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

MOT day

Post by MikeyH » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:00 am

Bmw Enthusiast wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:19 pm Replying to Mikeyh from last night.....only thing Halfords found was a small weep on the front strut. When they rang they said the car also needed 2 new tyres. When I picked it up.....report said 3-4mm of tread on both tyres and a recommended to monitor. On the plus side using them was convenient, free and piece of mind on basic safety on an old car new to me. Got a good indy lined up for the mot. Will update when it passes......now there's confidence fir you!
Not bad then :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.