Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOS error and no sound

AnubisZed

SOS error and no sound

Post by AnubisZed » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:23 pm

RAYK47 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:47 pm ....
On the way to work the screen did not pop up and there was no audio at all, even PDC. SOS error was visible. Tried switching off the car etc to see if it would reset but nothing changed for the 1h 20mins journey.
I also have the 677 stereo but I have never counted the speakers (unless all 677 are the same).
Yes so no audio, no PDC and the SOS is all via the MOST fibre optic with 677, and yes my error, it's 14 speakers not 13 as I posted above (2 x door midrange, 2 x door tweeters, 2 x rear quarter midrange, 2 x footwell woofers, 2 x rear panel subwoofers, 1 x front centre midrange, 1 x front centre tweeter, 1 x rear centre midrange and 1 x rear centre tweeter and all fed via the MOST connected amplifier)
RAYK47 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:47 pmMr12Volt have not been much use, I get one response every few hours and they have suggested: -
1) check all connections
2) disconnect power to the box, switch off car for at least 30mins
3) Disconnect all cables and see if there is audio from the radio

Obviously I can't really do any of those tests during the week so they will have to wait until I get a free weekend.

I am certain they are related so coding out the SOS error is no longer something I think is worth doing.
Exactly as I expected them to answer really, it's just going to have to be investigated unfortunately.

Some info for others that may encounter a freeze, shutdown or other fault with the Mr12volt box...
If you press down and hold the iDrive rotary controller for around 20 seconds this is a box reset procedure. Keep pressing it until it shuts down and restarts (about 20 seconds, give or take), once it's restarted it should work properly again.
This is the same as a reset of the iDrive headunit where you press and hold the volume button on the front of the headunit panel until it shuts down and reboots.
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

RAYK47

SOS error and no sound

Post by RAYK47 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:49 pm

AnubisZed wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:23 pm
RAYK47 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:47 pm ....
On the way to work the screen did not pop up and there was no audio at all, even PDC. SOS error was visible. Tried switching off the car etc to see if it would reset but nothing changed for the 1h 20mins journey.
I also have the 677 stereo but I have never counted the speakers (unless all 677 are the same).
Yes so no audio, no PDC and the SOS is all via the MOST fibre optic with 677, and yes my error, it's 14 speakers not 13 as I posted above (2 x door midrange, 2 x door tweeters, 2 x rear quarter midrange, 2 x footwell woofers, 2 x rear panel subwoofers, 1 x front centre midrange, 1 x front centre tweeter, 1 x rear centre midrange and 1 x rear centre tweeter and all fed via the MOST connected amplifier)
RAYK47 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:47 pmMr12Volt have not been much use, I get one response every few hours and they have suggested: -
1) check all connections
2) disconnect power to the box, switch off car for at least 30mins
3) Disconnect all cables and see if there is audio from the radio

Obviously I can't really do any of those tests during the week so they will have to wait until I get a free weekend.

I am certain they are related so coding out the SOS error is no longer something I think is worth doing.
Exactly as I expected them to answer really, it's just going to have to be investigated unfortunately.

Some info for others that may encounter a freeze, shutdown or other fault with the Mr12volt box...
If you press down and hold the iDrive rotary controller for around 20 seconds this is a box reset procedure. Keep pressing it until it shuts down and restarts (about 20 seconds, give or take), once it's restarted it should work properly again.
This is the same as a reset of the iDrive headunit where you press and hold the volume button on the front of the headunit panel until it shuts down and reboots.
Thanks

For info i tried a reboot but nothing happened. The iDrive was totally unresponsive, the screen had not come up either so i guess that was all part of the same issue anyway.

I have not used the car since Monday but everything was working fine on my journey home from the office. I will just see when it happens again (i expect it will)

RAYK47

SOS error and no sound

Post by RAYK47 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:08 pm

Error has returned again, sos error on the dash and no sound at all (even PDC audio), screen dors not even pop up.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

SOS error and no sound

Post by Nictrix » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:20 am

I had something similar on my old x6.
It was a blown fuse.
I don't know why there was no sound one day but back the next but when it finally went it was a blown fuse.
After replacing the fuse I never had the problem again.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

RAYK47

SOS error and no sound

Post by RAYK47 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:39 pm

Thanks Nictrix

It's working again now so I will bare that in mind if it happens again.