Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

OUCH!!!!!!!

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Z_Victor1

OUCH!!!!!!!

Post by Z_Victor1 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Sheesh...this car has very little ground clearance :o

5 weeks I've had the car and am becoming VERY wary of any road imperfections.....
I thought my 840 was bad, but this is worse.

Speed-humps on public highways...reduce me to a crawl and....
Multi-storey car-parks are out due to ramp entry/exit angles, would you believe that some of these CPs even have speed humps.

M-Adaptive doesn't help as it's 10mm lower than std......but what a pain.
Still I suppose it's not necessarily a bad thing as the suspension will be very well cared for :thumbsup:
2009 sDrive35i, DSB, CBKL, DCT, Adpt M Sus, Ext Stor, St Ht, Thru Load, PDC F/R, Nav + ICE Pro, 6-Disc DVD, USB Interface

z4alfie

Re: OUCH!!!!!!!

Post by z4alfie » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:05 pm

After I bought my Z4 this year I had to spend £985.00 having my steep driveway 'rolled' at the top to get it over the peak. My other half not very impressed at all.
Titanium Silver roadster, Mods: MV3's Stubby, M Steering Wheel, Cruise Control, Chrome exhaust tips, carbon fibre grilles, remote hood, Loads of wax!Image

MikeWorsfold

Post by MikeWorsfold » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:46 am

Yep, since getting my Z4 I hold up everyone on the way to work by slowing to under 15mph for the humps. The car grounded at 20mph, which was fine for my 5 series that I had before. :(

Kaide

Post by Kaide » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:46 pm

I have to drive into my driveway in reverse. No biggie b/c the driveway turns and I need to reverse into the garage anyway. But the first time I was coming home with it, ouch... :headbang:
03 Z4 3.0i / 6 Speed / Dinan CAI / Dinan Ram Air / Dinan Stage 2 Software / Dinan Strut Bar / My car
98 Honda Superhawk / 101whp

"Life is a game of relationships"

jjarc

Post by jjarc » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:35 am

I have a rolled gutter and curb at the street. The only way onto my driveway with the Z is to take it at a severe angle putting one wheel up at a time. This solves the problem, no scraping. Going straight on is a disaster. I also drive around speed bumps if I can or at least try to get it set up so only one side goes over the bump. Thanks god that front scoop is made of fiberglass, seems to be pretty tough, so far. You really have to train yourself to stay back of curb stops in parking lots. All part of learning to drive your Z -- Good Luck.
Z4, 3.0, Toledo Blue/Black
Sport, Premium, Cold, Xenons
6 Speed Manual