Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Energy companies. Not all bad.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:58 pm

Energy companies get a lot of very bad press but just been made aware of something quite unbelievable regarding Octopus Energy.

My sister moved into an old cottage about a year ago which had a smart meter fitted. A few weeks ago she received a letter from said company stating that the readings from the smart meter over the year had been intermittent due to the area and had under estimated her bill by £500. As a result they were about to increase her monthly bill by almost double to recover the balance.

She telephoned the company and explained that she could not afford the increase as her husband had been admitted to a care home with vascular dementia and the local authority was basically screwing her for every penny they had, which as pensioners was not much.

One week later on returning home she found an expensive bouquet of flowers on her doorstep with a large box of chocolates. There was a hand written card from Octopus Energy, apologising for any distress caused and writing off the debt.

The cancellation of the debt was perhaps standard practice as it was perhaps their fault, however the joy of receiving flowers and chocolates at a very low point from such an unexpected source restored her faith in human nature.

Well done Octopus. :thumbsup:
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

jock156

Post by jock156 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:30 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:32 pm

Most excellent ! :thumbsup:

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

RAYK47

Post by RAYK47 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:33 pm

:thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:35 pm

That's a great gesture by Octopus. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:40 pm

:thumbsup: If only Eon were that nice :thumbsdown:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.