Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Insurance with PPF

Discussing the current generation Z4
Ed Doe

Insurance with PPF

Post by Ed Doe » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:55 am

I'd like to understand how application of a bit of thin plastic film on the bodywork would in any way effect the risk profile of the car, or indeed the consequence (cost) in the event of an accident or claim....
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, Supersprint, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

pvr
Legend
Legend

Insurance with PPF

Post by pvr » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:14 am

Similar discussion like was had about using winter tyres. Was a non story in the end
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

ori

Insurance with PPF

Post by ori » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:19 pm

Ed Doe wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:55 am I'd like to understand how application of a bit of thin plastic film on the bodywork would in any way effect the risk profile of the car, or indeed the consequence (cost) in the event of an accident or claim....
Someone hits your car and it has ppf. The insurance will pay for every panel that needs painting but won’t pay to reapply the ppf.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Insurance with PPF

Post by pvr » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:27 pm

If someone hits you, they have to pay whatever it costs to put you back and has nothing to do with your own insurance.

The example would be more that if you have an accident and claim on your insurance. I can see them not pay for ppf but not that they reject your claim altogether
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Ed Doe

Insurance with PPF

Post by Ed Doe » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:18 pm

pvr wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:27 pm If someone hits you, they have to pay whatever it costs to put you back and has nothing to do with your own insurance.

The example would be more that if you have an accident and claim on your insurance. I can see them not pay for ppf but not that they reject your claim altogether
Well this is my point - it affects the cost of the outcome if you make a claim but doesn't alter the risk. Charging a chunk more when they're going to write the bloody thing off unless it's a tiny scratch sort of defeats the point in paying the extra?

Plus normally insurance companies only pay you the market value of the car, irrespective of stuff like ppf..
Sounds like a right racket to me...
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, Supersprint, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(