Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Powder coating white.....!

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:55 am

There is a white Scooby with white wheels I see around my town. It looks really good TBH! :D

Anyway, things have moved on this week. I may need to sell the Honda to buy a Z3, as an opportunity has resurrected itself which I though had gone for good some years ago! :o
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:29 am

Hello?
Is that Lincolnshire police?

Yes, there's a chap in Spalding asking how to get a decent coating of white powder!
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:03 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:55 am There is a white Scooby with white wheels I see around my town. It looks really good TBH! :D

Anyway, things have moved on this week. I may need to sell the Honda to buy a Z3, as an opportunity has resurrected itself which I though had gone for good some years ago! :o
Really :headbang: How long is it this time?
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:13 pm

MikeyH wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:03 pm
Pondrew wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:55 am There is a white Scooby with white wheels I see around my town. It looks really good TBH! :D

Yup, so there's a Z3 out there somewhere about to get two more owners on the logbook by Christmas :rofl:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:49 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:13 pm
MikeyH wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:03 pm

Yup, so there's a Z3 out there somewhere about to get two more owners on the logbook by Christmas :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :evil:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:52 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:13 pm Yup, so there's a Z3 out there somewhere about to get two more owners on the logbook by Christmas :rofl:
Ha ha ha-de-ha! :roll:
If I go for it, I will definitely have to keep it for a good while, as it won't be roadworthy for at least 18 months! :o

I'm a bit scared by the amount of work involved TBH, as I'm not exactly a master mechanic (and financial commitment). It is a challenge I have considered many times in the past but was taken away before by events out of my control.

And I do really like my 'chav mobile', it is a truly brilliant car! :)
But I can't have everything. Space and finances say so!
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Theivz

Post by Theivz » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:01 am

Yeah I've powder coated a couple of sets white and they were fine. Obviously a bit more work to keep clean. Decent powder coat is tougher than paint imo. Do it if it will look awesome 👌

Zed Baron

Post by Zed Baron » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:38 am

I had a new Citroen C2 GT when they came out, it had white alloys. Everyone use to say how different it made the car look, I liked them