Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Big Chief Studios

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Big Chief Studios

Post by TitanTim » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:16 pm

Don't know if anyone is familiar with this company but unfortunately they have gone into liquidation

https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/

They did some really good limited edition TV series character figures, some from the 60s like Captain Scarlet, Thunderbirds etc. They were really well done and great packaging albeight reasonably expensive. I had the Captain Scarlet from them a few years back in 1/6 scale, the nameplate and tunic eppaulettes light up, and placed an order year last April for Captain Black and after that Captain Blue to get the full set. Think the release cost was around 200 quid but luckily I only paid a deposit of 30 quid this time around, glad I did now.

Imagephoto host sites

I've received an email from their administrators as I'm on the order books with an unfulfilled order. Unsure I will see any monies back :( Luckily its not a great amount but I expect some customers paid full amounts upfront.

Times must be hard for these companies and now Wilkos is down the pan from today :cry:

Tim.

smorris_12

Big Chief Studios

Post by smorris_12 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:46 pm

As a Gerry Anderson fan, that's a very accurate model she sad news. I presume the slightly startled expression is because of the Mysteron crotch clamp? :D
------
Scott

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

2006 Z4 2.5si Silbergrau und rot

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Big Chief Studios

Post by inkey$ » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:51 pm

Heard about this over the weekend as we work with them. Huge loss to the industry.
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Big Chief Studios

Post by TitanTim » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:40 pm

smorris_12 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:46 pm As a Gerry Anderson fan, that's a very accurate model she sad news. I presume the slightly startled expression is because of the Mysteron crotch clamp? :D
Think you're right, it's not the best location :lol:

Tim.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Big Chief Studios

Post by TitanTim » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:42 pm

inkey$ wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:51 pm Heard about this over the weekend as we work with them. Huge loss to the industry.
I thought something wasn't right some months back as to be fair they did send order updates out but was starting to think the order will never be fulfilled. I just put it down to the pandemic and things slowing down.

Shame as they did some good stuff :(

Tim.