Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Why is it never easy.....?

Discussing the current generation Z4
r2uzenblot

Post by r2uzenblot » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:39 am

A simple thing like a software update for someone as techie as me..... what could be the problem? Well the my phone BMW App decided that my password needed changing before I could download the update. No problem but then the car profile is not connected because the password has changed and I need to change it on the car. So I had the choice of manually entering the new password in the car through the dial (bugger that for a game of soldiers) or delete my lovingly built up profile and then connecting the app through a QR code when I created a new profile.

Yep, of course the QR route worked as did the next half an hour trying to remember all of my personalised profile settings. Has anyone ever change their password on the app and not had to delete their profile from the car and create a new one?
2023 G29 20i M Sport Portimao Blue
2021 Triumph Tiger GT Pro
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2020 Cube Hybrid
1954 Two feet

millview22

Post by millview22 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:45 am

r2uzenblot wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:39 am A simple thing like a software update for someone as techie as me..... what could be the problem? Well the my phone BMW App decided that my password needed changing before I could download the update. No problem but then the car profile is not connected because the password has changed and I need to change it on the car. So I had the choice of manually entering the new password in the car through the dial (bugger that for a game of soldiers) or delete my lovingly built up profile and then connecting the app through a QR code when I created a new profile.

Yep, of course the QR route worked as did the next half an hour trying to remember all of my personalised profile settings. Has anyone ever change their password on the app and not had to delete their profile from the car and create a new one?
It can be a faff, but, as I recall, waving your finger at the screen brings up a touchscreen keyboard, which makes it very easy to enter a password, etc.
2023 BMW Z4 G29 sDrive 20i M sport in Thundernight
2020 BMW S1000 XR TE, ice grey

q96169we

Post by q96169we » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:24 pm

I recently updated my ConnectedDrive PW as well due to BMW updated their PW requirement. I need to re-login on my mobile phone APP but I didn't need to re-login in my car and none of my settings were lost.