Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluemusic+ adaptor and taking phone calls

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
chanlon1

Post by chanlon1 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:01 am

I’ve a Bluemusic+ device attached the the CD connectors. It also had the microphone attached to it. Everything works fine except when a phone call comes in and I answer it, it doesn’t t switch to the Bluemusic+ device and I have to manually choose it.
Anyone with the device know if this can be changed. Not sure if there is a setting someone on the iPhone that I have missed?
E86 Z4 Coupe 2006 Silver

Spriteracer

Post by Spriteracer » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:23 am

I'm not sure if this assists you but I found my old iphone 8 and android s10 phones connected automatically when I got in the car. My default sounds are audiobooks from the phone and calls just took over the feed from the phone to the dongle. I have noticed in the past that some phones struggle with swapping between multi bluetooth connections so if you have something else connected that may be an issue. After a quick look at the settings I can't see anything else to change after pairing. I've recently got an iphone 13 and some bluetooth hearing aids (age and 28 years motorsport...) but not tried them together in the car yet. When I get a chance I'll see what happens. It was always irritating that the car head unit had to be set to the CD rather than radio for calls to work at all but an inevitable consequence of the tech I guess.
2007 E86 "work in progress"

smorris_12

Post by smorris_12 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:28 am

Presumably you mean switch to Aux input on the radio? Normally car kits have a control line attached to the radio to automatically switch to Phone mode.
------
Scott

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

2006 Z4 2.5si Silbergrau und rot

chanlon1

Post by chanlon1 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:33 am

smorris_12 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:28 am Presumably you mean switch to Aux input on the radio? Normally car kits have a control line attached to the radio to automatically switch to Phone mode.
There’s no Aux on the car. I just thought that if the phone was connected to the Bluetooth adaptor and playing music, that if a phone call comes in and you answer it, then it would automatically be over the same Bluetooth connection. With mine, it’s not. I have to select the Bluemusic device, otherwise the call is over the phone.
E86 Z4 Coupe 2006 Silver

Spriteracer

Post by Spriteracer » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:42 am

Actually no, the bluemusic dongles I've had of either flavour - with or without phone, connect to the CD multi player magazine connections behind the boot bulkhead. The head unit has to be set to CD for it to work. It is a streaming device rather than dedicated handsfree kit. I believe there is also an option that connects to the head unit directly, so you may well be right on that one. Maybe someone who has one can confirm.

chanlon1

Post by chanlon1 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:44 am

SOLVED IT.

When the call was coming through, the track up button on the steering wheel answers it and automatically sends it through the Bluemusic device. The track down button disconnects the call.

Result.
E86 Z4 Coupe 2006 Silver

Spriteracer

Post by Spriteracer » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:53 am

Excellent. well done.

NaweedMustafa

Post by NaweedMustafa » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:21 pm

chanlon1 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:44 am track up button on the steering wheel answers it and automatically sends it through the Bluemusic device. The track down button disconnects the call.
was just going to suggest this. good thing you figured it out! works the same for me as well.

For those of you that dont have a multi function steering wheel, you can use the next track button on the Head Unit to accept calls. Track back to decline.

As a bonus, pressing "2" then "3" on the HU plays your paused music. unfortunately i didnt find a way to pause music from the HU
Current: 2003 3.0is | Sterling Grey | Dream Red
Previous: Bicycle. Never owned a car before