Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyre pressure warning light issues

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
TOMGREEN413

Post by TOMGREEN413 » Sun May 28, 2023 6:55 pm

Hi folks , just had a nice run to and from my favourite Welsh beach called Saundersfoot.....well worth a visit if your in South West Wales, but on way back the low pressure warning light came on, checked pressures front n back 39 all round ( could do with closer to 33 on the fronts) and these wheels n tyres are recent from a month ago , CSL style with non run flats... please could someone help me figure out what I need to do to rectify this sort this issue? Thanks :thumbsup:
White e89 Red leather interior (But that's the wife's and don't I know it :/ )
Montego Blue Coupe manual si sport πŸ’™ (Faster than the above....much faster :)

Rockhopper

Post by Rockhopper » Sun May 28, 2023 7:13 pm

39 all round! Wow...
If you are happy the pressures are okay just press the button and keep it pressed till the symbol goes orange then drive it a it and it should go away.

TOMGREEN413

Post by TOMGREEN413 » Mon May 29, 2023 12:13 am

To be honest, I hadn't checked the tyre pressures still today, checked with the handbook that indicates 33front 39 rear?? If that's correct?? But figured dropping the pressures definitely wasn't going to put the light out. So are you suggesting l set up my tyres pressures and then reset them as you've described? Thanks :thumbsup:
Montego Blue Coupe manual si sport πŸ’™ (Faster than the above....much faster :)

colb

Post by colb » Mon May 29, 2023 8:19 am

Yes, pump the tyres up yo what you require then with ignition on press and hold the tyre pressure button till the light changes colour, drive the car and the light will go off, thats reset to your current pressures and it will monitor them at this setting.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url

TOMGREEN413

Post by TOMGREEN413 » Mon May 29, 2023 10:43 pm

Most helpful, thanks :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Mon May 29, 2023 11:13 pm

TOMGREEN413 wrote: ↑Sun May 28, 2023 6:55 pm Hi folks , just had a nice run to and from my favourite Welsh beach called Saundersfoot.....well worth a visit if your in South West Wales, but on way back the low pressure warning light came on, checked pressures front n back 39 all round ( could do with closer to 33 on the fronts) and these wheels n tyres are recent from a month ago , CSL style with non run flats... please could someone help me figure out what I need to do to rectify this sort this issue? Thanks
For some reason (which I don't know) the TPMS on older BMWs (and newer ones and Minis) seem to be a little 'slow' to react when changing tyres and or wheels.
I have had this twice, once on a relatively new 4 series and the other day on a 2010 Mini. Both had wheels and tyres changed about two weeks earlier with no TPMS warnings. Then came up with the warning out of nowhere. Just reset the system if the pressures are OK. You could have them pumped up to whatever you like and the system will still reset. It will just reset at those RRs.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

TOMGREEN413

Post by TOMGREEN413 » Mon May 29, 2023 11:22 pm

Very interesting as I have had these new wheels and tyres on for about 3 weeks!