Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sport Seats Side Bolsters

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Sat May 27, 2023 9:08 pm

The side bolsters on my driver side sport seats doesn't stay inflated, every so often I have to keep inflating them again. Anyone else come across this issue or better still a fix?
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Busterboo

Post by Busterboo » Sat May 27, 2023 10:38 pm

No idea, but a useful post. I'd forgotten mine had them. So thank you.
Vidi, vici, veni

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat May 27, 2023 10:52 pm

Mine deflate a little over time also, never considered it a problem tbh as I never thought the pump, pipework and airbags are engineered well enough to keep constant pressure over long periods of time, I'd think the main loss of pressure is from the airbags themselves.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Sun May 28, 2023 1:44 am

john-e89 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:52 pm Mine deflate a little over time also, never considered it a problem tbh as I never thought the pump, pipework and airbags are engineered well enough to keep constant pressure over long periods of time, I'd think the main loss of pressure is from the airbags themselves.
I agree it’s not a ‘real’ problem as such but it would nice to get them working as they should. Found a video online of a guy working on an E90 looks like all the bits are at the back after you remove rear black plastic cover. Might give it a go once I get the car back from the paint shop. The motor / pump is working since it does inflate / deflate, as you say might be the bags themselves.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Mon May 29, 2023 8:23 am

I think they slowly leak, then you don't even notice until once a year you remember they are fitted and try them.
Much prefer fitted adjustable lumber support, even my little Peugeot 106xnd had that fitted mean BMW.