Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wireless charging/CarPlay iPhone overheating

r2uzenblot

Post by r2uzenblot » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:12 pm

Well I have looked at this and a lot of the comments are correct. I use an android and it trickle charges fine so on a long journey will charge the phone up fine. However if you use an app like Spotify (which I do) then whoohoo it's toasty time within about 30-40 minutes and the phone stops charging. If you want to charge the phone simply don't use an app whilst charging.
2023 G29 20i M Sport Portimao Blue
2021 Triumph Tiger GT Pro
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2020 Cube Hybrid
1954 Two feet

ori

Post by ori » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:15 pm

r2uzenblot wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:12 pm Well I have looked at this and a lot of the comments are correct. I use an android and it trickle charges fine so on a long journey will charge the phone up fine. However if you use an app like Spotify (which I do) then whoohoo it's toasty time within about 30-40 minutes and the phone stops charging. If you want to charge the phone simply don't use an app whilst charging.
On long journeys now I use the i usb charger from the arm rest. It actually charges the phone even when using nav and music and stays nice and cool.

PeterFree

Post by PeterFree » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:34 am

My phone also got red hot on charging tray on long journey. Does anyone know if you can turn off the charging? Had a quick look in the menus but no luck so far.
It’s a good spot to keep the phone but if not I guess I’ll go back to my magnetic mount on an air vent. Seems bit of a shame though…

ori

Post by ori » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:52 pm

It’s in the settings to switch it off.
Short journeys I just keep phone in my pocket. Longer journeys that I need charging, I plug it in the usb c port.

JohnRai

Post by JohnRai » Sun May 28, 2023 4:49 pm

Yes… my iphoneSE overheated and needed to be cooled on my 21 plate… also in an Audi A6
2021 G29 20i