Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

MSport suspension

Discussing the current generation Z4
dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

MSport suspension

Post by dr_john » Wed May 24, 2023 12:10 am

Seriously thinking about chopping in my Sport 20 for a new model.

The non MSport option is not available anymore, I’m a tad concerned about getting an MSport model because of harder suspension. The dealer assures me that new MSport models have much softer suspension than pre-LCI models.

Any views/experience/opinions?
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

Russ Z4

MSport suspension

Post by Russ Z4 » Wed May 24, 2023 10:27 am

dr_john wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:10 am The dealer assures me that new MSport models have much softer suspension than pre-LCI models.
That sounds like utter guff to me. I'd wager there is zip difference between LCI and pre-LCI.

M Sport in comfort mode is not super hard or crashy. If you still want the softer suspension and sport, configure it up as such in Sport Individual profile.

I know suspension firmness is very subjective - personally I don't see the suspension in the G29 as particularly hard, it's still quite comfortable as a daily driver without rattling your fillings out on less than perfect roads.

adey

MSport suspension

Post by adey » Thu May 25, 2023 8:17 pm

i had a 2.0 sport with 19 inch wheels and swapped for msport 2.0 with 18 inch wheels and the msport is so much better suspension and driving

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

MSport suspension

Post by dr_john » Thu May 25, 2023 10:22 pm

adey wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:17 pm i had a 2.0 sport with 19 inch wheels and swapped for msport 2.0 with 18 inch wheels and the msport is so much better suspension and driving
Do you mean by ‘better’ a softer suspension?

Also going from 19s to 18s would make for a much softer suspension, so it somewhat masks the change from Sport to MSport suspension. Thanks for the views anyway, interesting :)
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack