Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rate my car

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Rate my car

Post by flybobbie » Tue May 23, 2023 8:52 pm

Now my car something like 944, but if it knew i had almost zero BMW maintenance history, what would be the score?

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Rate my car

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue May 23, 2023 9:13 pm

Just ran an identical M4 and Thad a score of 999 despite double the bloody mileage - bonkers
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Jasonn

Rate my car

Post by Jasonn » Tue May 23, 2023 9:49 pm

I think that this site isn't a good fit for that sort of algorithm doodah.

These cars are enthusiast vehicles, we tinker with them, read up on them and wash and wax them to the nth degree (mine probably weighs more than average with the amount of wax on it) so they're not the same as the family buzzboxes which are often bought by those who just want a workhorse for picking up the kids, schlepping to work and shopping whilst doing the bare minimum to keep them running.

It's probably OK for those drivers who will possibly be buying or selling on Facebook or the classifieds

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Rate my car

Post by Pondrew » Tue May 23, 2023 9:58 pm

Jasonn wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:49 pm It's probably OK for those drivers who will possibly be buying or selling on Facebook or the classifieds
From what has been said and looking at the scores, it is purely dragging data from the MOT history from the DVLA (which is free for anyone to see anyway). Then somehow 'comparing' that to other cars, presumably of the same age and make. To try to get a league table of sorts!

There has obviously been some work done to try to 'fill in the holes', but those are woefully deficient from the responses here.

I really hope it doesn't become a tool for buyers (or sellers if you get a good score) unless they can get it to be a lot more accurate.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Rate my car

Post by Pondrew » Tue May 23, 2023 10:01 pm

flybobbie wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:52 pm my car something like 944, but if it knew i had almost zero BMW maintenance history, what would be the score?
TBH mate, if it could pick up some of the posts you've made recently about your E89, I think you should be happy with about 9! :lol: :poke:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Rate my car

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue May 23, 2023 10:03 pm

Pondrew wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:58 pm
Jasonn wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:49 pm It's probably OK for those drivers who will possibly be buying or selling on Facebook or the classifieds
From what has been said and looking at the scores, it is purely dragging data from the MOT history from the DVLA (which is free for anyone to see anyway). Then somehow 'comparing' that to other cars, presumably of the same age and make. To try to get a league table of sorts!

There has obviously been some work done to try to 'fill in the holes', but those are woefully deficient from the responses here.

I really hope it doesn't become a tool for buyers (or sellers if you get a good score) unless they can get it to be a lot more accurate.
Thats the issue Pondy - its way to inaccurate, how could my olde89 score far more than Zed Baron or yours with over double the mileage and no clue on history etc
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Rate my car

Post by flybobbie » Tue May 23, 2023 10:05 pm

Pondrew wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:01 pm
flybobbie wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:52 pm my car something like 944, but if it knew i had almost zero BMW maintenance history, what would be the score?
TBH mate, if it could pick up some of the posts you've made recently about your E89, I think you should be happy with about 9! :lol: :poke:
:thumbsup:

Zed Baron

Rate my car

Post by Zed Baron » Tue May 23, 2023 11:50 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:17 pm Stop buying shite :poke: :rofl:
Ouch :punish: Andy, what do I replace it with, I work from home with 3 cars on the drive and hardly drive anywhere. There are lots of cars out there that I would like, but with the looming rise of the milk floats (I'm not convinced by EV's), I think my money is better placed in my piggy bank at the moment. I looked at the G29 and for the 1500 miles it might do in the year... is it worth the extra expense/depreciation? I only bought the RCZ so I didn't have to get the Z out the garage during the winter, also it gave me something to tinker with during the winter :driving: