Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Wheels and TPMS

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Validwarlord

New Wheels and TPMS

Post by Validwarlord » Tue May 23, 2023 10:10 am

Hi Argyll Andy

Can I assume these will just want fitting to the wheels and after a certain amount of miles the cars system will detect the new sensors ie no need to have them coded to the vehicle with a TPMS scanner?

I have messaged hondansr125rw on the E Bay messaging system just awaiting a reply.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

New Wheels and TPMS

Post by Pondrew » Tue May 23, 2023 11:37 am

Validwarlord wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:10 am Hi Argyll Andy

Can I assume these will just want fitting to the wheels and after a certain amount of miles the cars system will detect the new sensors ie no need to have them coded to the vehicle with a TPMS scanner?

I have messaged hondansr125rw on the E Bay messaging system just awaiting a reply.
As long as the sensors are the right frequency (the ebay man will know which), you just fit them. That's it! The receiver will recognise the signal from the TPMS valve transmitters. When I changed my last set, the TPMS system didn't even ask to be reset, but yours probably will as you have run without them. Just reset the system and the car will do the rest.
No scanning, no coding, nothing needed.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

New Wheels and TPMS

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 23, 2023 11:47 am

Validwarlord wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:10 am Hi Argyll Andy

Yes, get them installed, go to the section in iDrive relating to tyre pressure and iirc there’s an option for resetting/initialising monitoring system, drive a few miles and it’ll register itself

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Validwarlord

New Wheels and TPMS

Post by Validwarlord » Tue May 23, 2023 12:05 pm

Hi Argyll Andy

No idrive option but just incase I have found an old friend who owns his own tyre business and to boot he has a TPMS scanner so going to get him to fit the new sensors and go from there.

Thanks for your help guys as always great to ask questions and get a solution.

Dave

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

New Wheels and TPMS

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 23, 2023 2:11 pm

Validwarlord wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:05 pm Hi Argyll Andy

No idrive option but just incase I have found an old friend who owns his own tyre business and to boot he has a TPMS scanner so going to get him to fit the new sensors and go from there.

Dave
    Sorry Dave, I’m not familiar with the non iDrive option. Between your mate and the guy selling on eBay hopefully you’ll get sorted out :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Validwarlord

New Wheels and TPMS

Post by Validwarlord » Tue May 23, 2023 2:15 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:11 pm
      Validwarlord wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:05 pm Hi Argyll Andy

Dave
      Sorry Dave, I’m not familiar with the non iDrive option. Between your mate and the guy selling on eBay hopefully you’ll get sorted out :thumbsup:
      Hi Andy

On speaking with the E Bay seller who comes recommended he is telling me the car will self learn once they have been fitted so fingers crossed will certainly keep you all posted on how it goes.

Thanks All

Dave

Validwarlord

New Wheels and TPMS

Post by Validwarlord » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:39 pm

Afternoon All

A quick update got the TPMS sensors fitted today and within a 100 yards they matched with the car so no scanning required so now no more alarm bongs when I turn on the ignition " Happy days"

Thanks as always for the input from you guys very helpful.

:driving: :driving: