Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD Track prepared 2007 E86 3.0Si Z4 Coupe £8500

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Toppy

Track prepared 2007 E86 3.0Si Z4 Coupe £8500

Post by Toppy » Sun May 14, 2023 12:37 pm

Sadly the time has come to admit facts that I no longer have the time to warrant keeping my Z4.

A few basics:
I bought the car as a Cat N from Copart in 2020, with the intention of preparing it as a track day car before eventually converting it to full race spec.
It has just under 70,000 miles on it, about 1,000 of which have been with me - almost all on track.

It is not one for purists or those who want a concours standard car. It is very driveable on the road with the dampers set towards their softest setting but has a stripped boot and an aggressive geometry in its journey to becoming a track car. I appreciate this will limit its appeal, but I would far rather it goes to someone who will use it in anger rather than it gathering dust in my garage.

Unfortunately, I own a share in a race car already and am in the midst of preparing another, and the realities of my life bring spent partly in America for work mean the Z4 realistically will just sit for the next few years, so it's time to let it go.

I started a thread on it here viewtopic.php?t=124015 which contains a pretty honest background on it and the work I've done up to Jan 22.

Since then it has had a number of additions which aren't documented there, namely a motorsport Drexler LSD with shorter 3.79 final drive, plus new coil packs, Gravity Performance exhaust and an AFE intake.

In brief the main track upgrades are:
- Full superpro polybushes
- H&R adjustable anti-roll bars
- GAZ monotube coilovers & adjustable droplinks
- Pagid RS29 pads (front & rear)
- HEL braided lines
- Drexler LSD with 3.79 FD
- Full geo-setup on a Hunter by Abbey Motorsport
- Stripped boot
- AFE induction kit
- Gravity performance exhaust

In my time it has also had the water pump & thermostat replaced, new starter motor, rear subframe rust protected, new front & rear arms, new spark plugs & coils.

The car has 2 sets of wheels & tyres - MV2s which are shod in Michelin PS4 tyres with under 500 miles on them, and MV1s with Nankang AR1s with 3 track days on them.

There is an MOT in place until Jan 24. There are warning lights on the dash - partly due to removal of the brake pad wear sensors, and a sidelight, but she has always passed no issues for me.

The interior is OK but well used with a few niggles - it has the electric heated seats, steering wheel with controls - but is very worn, and has a trim piece missing on the driver's side armrest, finally the ashtray doesn't stay closed.

Exterior wise it is fine, with one small scratch on the front passenger side of the bumper, and one scuff mark on the passenger wheel.

I only have one key for it, and it doesn't work remotely. There is no history pre my ownership & since then I have done all the work myself barring work done at Abbey Motorsport & fitting of the LSD done by Heasman differentials. I have a spreadsheet which details all the parts I've sourced (and cost :o )

Aiming for £8500, but I'm more interested in it going to someone who will use it how I intended.

More pics here:

Last edited by Toppy on Sun May 21, 2023 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Sun May 14, 2023 7:24 pm

Seems like something of a bargain to me. Is it Monaco Blue or Carbon Black?

GLWTS
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Toppy

Post by Toppy » Mon May 15, 2023 7:29 am

It's Carbonschwarz metallic.

I think it's a bargain...but I may be biased, and I'm aware it will not appeal to all.

ThePocketGT

Post by ThePocketGT » Wed May 17, 2023 8:27 pm

What does the gravity exhaust sound like....Worth it?