Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Drive lock not latching roof front shell on the windscreen nor in the boot (when roof down)

MaxSheperd

Drive lock not latching roof front shell on the windscreen nor in the boot (when roof down)

Post by MaxSheperd » Tue May 16, 2023 4:46 pm

Dear all,

My roof stopped working. I scanned the car and there was a problem with the microswitch both left and right in the rear shell, I check the wiring with a multimeter and there no current passing through the wiring so I replaced the wiring on both sides with reinforced wiring 5000000 bents guaranteed (advised in this post viewtopic.php?t=108814). To do this I had to remove both the rear and front shell. The wiring I replaced is absolutely fine and the microswitches are working absolutely fine if you touch them on my diagnostic in ISTA the status changes to yes/no when you touch them. So the work was done well.
However, when I put the shelves back (front and rear), now I am getting an error about the latch driving lock. I have a picture from ISTA.
At this point I removed the latch motor from the front shell and tested with a 12W power supply. It is operating normally.
I also checked using my multimeter the wiring that from the CTM sends the power supply to the latch motor. The wiring is not broken and there is a supply of 12V when the CTM sends the power supply.
I have the feeling that the roof is not aligned rather than a damage, but I might be wrong so I need a second opinion.
Attachments
ISTA errors.jpg
ISTA errors.jpg (138.1 KiB) Viewed 741 times

MaxSheperd

Post by MaxSheperd » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:06 am

Hello there,
I just wanted to let everyone know that this has been sorted. Everything was done correctly and the roof module CT89 needed to be reset using tool32.

In case someone was wondering.

Max

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:32 am

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know the fix :thumbsup:
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:17 pm

Last edited by RobbiZ4 on Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:03 pm

Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048