Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Jethro's 996

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Ed Doe

Jethro's 996

Post by Ed Doe » Wed May 10, 2023 9:36 am

Saw this this morning - It's something I've been aware of/followed in a while, but I think this is the first real article about the 'finished' product (in the sense that no project car is ever truly finished !!!

https://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911/20587 ... 911-driven

Several things I really like about it;

1. It's a non 'GT' Porsche that he's chosen to do something quite unique with, which is refreshing.
2. It's a car that clearly has a personal story; something Jethro has kept for a long time, continued to use and tinker with and enjoy, and clearly has no intention of ever getting rid of
3. Likely as a consequence of 2., there is no thought of getting rid, let alone the resale value, and a frank admission that the cost of what he's done to it to make it how he wants is impossible to financially justify.

Kudos Jethro, looks like a mega car, and an awful lot of fun to have made something truly unique as well as no doubt ace to drive!!
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Jethro's 996

Post by buzyg » Wed May 10, 2023 10:55 am

So both Jethro and his 996 are still alive and kicking then. I remember him buying it. :D :driving: :thumbsup:

Ed Doe

Jethro's 996

Post by Ed Doe » Wed May 10, 2023 12:56 pm

buzyg wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:55 am So both Jethro and his 996 are still alive and kicking then. I remember him buying it. :D :driving: :thumbsup:
That's cool! I don't recall him buying it but I do recall his video on it for evo a few years back.
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(