Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Drivers seat heating question

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Wed May 03, 2023 7:46 pm

So here's a strange one for you.....
My Drivers seat heating switch is remaining active after shutdown. By that I mean that I'll leave the seat heater on setting one (but any would still do this), switch off and get out and lock the car. Now I know that all systems should shut down automatically after 15 minutes. If I return after this time period and I turn the car on again the LED for the drivers seat heating will light up immediately and start heating again. Now I'm also getting a High Battery Discharge warning with this as well, so something is remaining active when it shouldn't be.
It's only doing it for the drivers seat as the passenger one is working as it should.

Now I did try and sort this myself, there are no codes coming up but I did think it may be an issue with the seat control module so I got a replacment and it's still doing it.

Any ideas anyone?....
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Wed May 03, 2023 8:50 pm

I had a similar issue with comfort access with one sensor refusing to let the system shut down with a similar discharge…

On Protool it was showing a DME related fault code indicating this fault.

Maybe the logic controller for the seats had barfed?
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Sat May 06, 2023 4:05 pm

Sorry for the delay in responding.
So after extensive research I've found nothing!! I've replaced the seat control module but it's still the same.
So to stop me from depleting the battery I just need to remember to switch the drivers seat off before I switch off, for now anyway.
I've had INPA do a fault check, nothing and I've even had it on ISTA and still nothing is detected as faulty, so I'm a little stuck now.
Dave

LordLolzeye

Post by LordLolzeye » Mon May 08, 2023 12:15 pm

I've had a similar issue when I've retrofitted sport seats. Before the retrofit, my car has heated seats so I figured I was just missing the factory wires for the seat pumps (the ones that adjust the bolsters, lumbar support, etc.).

In order to spare some time, I've linked together the wires for the seat pumps with the ones from the heating.. creating a battery drain issue.. To fix it i've reverted back to the original loom (added the wire for the seat pumps all the way to the JBE). Maybe you have a similar issue?

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Mon May 08, 2023 1:47 pm

LordLolzeye wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:15 pm I've had a similar issue when I've retrofitted sport seats. Before the retrofit, my car has heated seats so I figured I was just missing the factory wires for the seat pumps (the ones that adjust the bolsters, lumbar support, etc.).

In order to spare some time, I've linked together the wires for the seat pumps with the ones from the heating.. creating a battery drain issue.. To fix it i've reverted back to the original loom (added the wire for the seat pumps all the way to the JBE). Maybe you have a similar issue?
Hmmmm, interesting :|
I'll look into that when I'm back in the UK :thumbsup:
Dave