Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Parcelforce = Frustration

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
IRD

Post by IRD » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:10 pm

I would be interested to know members experience with Parcelforce.
I bought a lawnmower on EBAY from a seller with 100% record. She lives on the Isle of Wight and dispatched the mower with Parcelmonkey who took it to the Isle of Wight depot where it arrived and was checked in by 10.15 on 11th April. Parcel Monkey supplied the labels and she paid for 48hour Express delivery. It has spent the last 10 days shuttling between the Isle of Wight and Parcelforce’s National Hub in Coventry. Each time it arrives in Coventry it is ‘sorted’ and then sent back to the Isle of Wight who then send it back to Coventry. On one occasion Parcelforce claimed they had tried to deliver said parcel to the sender but no one was at home. The people have cameras on their drive so could prove that no such ‘attempted delivery’ had taken place.
So it goes on. The mower is now back at Coventry where, no doubt it will be returned to the Isle of Wight.
No amount of phone calls or emails have stopped this saga. So it looks like my mower could be trapped forever in Parceforce’s system.
Any suggestions!
Attachments
IMG_0265.jpeg
IMG_0265.jpeg (123.2 KiB) Viewed 247 times

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:11 pm

Buy a goat to keep the grass down?
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:59 pm

Sounds like the sender's address has been put as delivery address??

Always found Parcelforce to be really good. expensive but good. I have the same chap who always delivers to me. He is British so actually speaks English (rare for delivery drivers nowadays). AND he doesn't park in the middle of the road, or turn his van around on my grass (like Amazon do always)!
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

IRD

Post by IRD » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:20 pm

Pondrew wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:59 pm Sounds like the sender's address has been put as delivery address??

Always found Parcelforce to be really good. expensive but good. I have the same chap who always delivers to me. He is British so actually speaks English (rare for delivery drivers nowadays). AND he doesn't park in the middle of the road, or turn his van around on my grass (like Amazon do always)!
[/quote
Yes, it comes down to individuals. Our local DPD guys are excellent. I have Ben able to determine that the first part of the address is correct. It is the post code which is wrong. It is an Isle of Wight post code but isn’t the sellers.
I have had a message this evening from the one Parcelforce employee who has been helpful to say that the post code has now been corrected so that the mower will arrive some time on Monday. Right from the beginning of this process I have stress that I need things sorted by this weekend because we fly to Crete first thing on Monday morning. Hopefully one or other of our friendly neighbours will be at home. If the mower does arrive on Monday it will have taken exactly two weeks from when it was collected. It has just been so frustrating and time consuming. :headbang:

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:26 am

Pondrew wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:59 pm He is British so actually speaks English
All delivery drivers in my area are British, but English is their second language. :wink:
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

IRD

Post by IRD » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:23 am

BeeEmm wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:26 am
Pondrew wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:59 pm 😀
He is British so actually speaks English
All delivery drivers in my area are British, but English is their second language. :wink:
Point taken.😀